16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  Interesting shells
Scolari
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:18 pm  Reply with quote

Saw some interesting shells at a gun store. Twenty gauge buckshot with 9 pellets of 7.3 mm. Thats about 29 caliber. The shells were made in the EU. The writing looked Spanish. The shells were 2 3/4 inch, had a roll crimp with a clear over shot card. Couldn't think what I'd do with them so i didn't buy. Only $11 for a box of 25. Probably good for shooting carp. May reconsider. Thats cheap fun. Whish they had 16's.
Dave in Maine
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:47 am  Reply with quote

You have those flying carp out in Illinois - the ones that jump into the boats and such, right?

Can you wingshoot those, or do they consider them waterfowl such that you have to use non-toxic?
putz463
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:21 am  Reply with quote

Don't you mean finshooting? They are confirmed in Lk MI and "genetic" material has been found in Erie. Hoping DNR will let us finshoot them IF they do really jump like in the videos. I'd imagine non tox only & my crew has been wondering which vain of the Dogfish species will be best for putting them up?? We're thinking Flushers....

Scolari
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:57 am  Reply with quote

Dave, you are right. We have a lot of "Big Head" carp that jump as the boat goes by. It seems that it is the vibration from the motor that causes them to jump. I don't think its legal to shoot them but I know a few people that do it. A guy I work with uses his boat on a nearby river. He runs it slow and puts some one in the bow of the boat to shoot. Some politician tried to pass a bill to make it legal to shoot them from a boat, but I don't think it passed. As it stands, we are not supposed to shoot any fish in the water. But I can tell you, or maybe I shouldn't, its more fun than Dove hunting.