16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Help with 16ga wads
Pete
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:54 am  Reply with quote

Hello I need some help on replacement wads for the 16ga wads BP offers. I like their wads I have developed a load with 6925psi the problem is their delivery time I ordered some wads last Tuesday or Wensday and I called them today and they informed me that they would bag them today or tomorrow and send them out ups. If that is so I will not receive them till the end of this week or the start of next week. This is not expectable to me but unless I can find a replacement wad I am stuck with this type of service. I am using there multi-hulls, Win 209 Primer and 22 gr. of IMR -SR7625 power. I guess I have been spoiled with companies like Brownell that get your order and ship it the same or next day. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Pete
hoashooter
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:46 pm  Reply with quote

You won't find a lot of BP fans here--They are overpriced and as you are finding out service does not seem to be a top priority.I highly suggest the 16 ga society for low pressure loads ----
bustingclays
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:30 pm  Reply with quote

Hi Pete:

Try Grafs (www.grafs.com). I'm not sure of their delivery time by UPS, but it sure is convenient when their truck shows up at the gun club every two weeks Wink (no shipping for me either)

Last time I checked, 500 gualandi wads (GU1621B - bag of 500) were in stock. I bought 4 gabs - 2000 back in March.

I believe you may get better service and it might be cheaper too.

good luck.....

Dr. 16 Gauge
Pete
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:24 pm  Reply with quote

busting clayes
Are these the same as the Bp`Trap Commander Wad 020z16?`
Pete
Haiwee
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:07 pm  Reply with quote

From what I've been told (and, if I'm wrong, please correct me) the Gualandi wads are one and the same as the BP wads -- BP just buys the wads and repackages them. Another good source of the Gualandi's is Precision Reloading; like Graf's, they are friendly and offer exceptional customer service.

http://www.precisionreloading.com/
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:04 am  Reply with quote

The Trap Commander wads are not Gualandi wads. they are not interchangeable either. However, they are a much better wad in my opinion. B&P (Baschieri & Pellagri)-- the spelling is a pure guess so don't bust my chops Laughing -- makes these wads for their own ammo. BP and Precision Reloading get them from a domestic source and charge you up the gazoo for them. I'd like to figure out the source and buy direct. It might be got from the folks who rep B&P in the states.

Last edited by 16gaugeguy on Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pete
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:20 pm  Reply with quote

16gauge guy
Try this web sight for those 16ga wads http://www.baschieri-pellagri.com/uk/main.html after entering go to the left and slect in the world.
Pete
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:00 am  Reply with quote

Thanks Pete. These are the so called Trap Commanders. B&P refers to them as a "Z 2M" wad. I'll need to Call Mr Pettibone and see if we can buy direct in bulk a lot cheaper than from BP and the other guy. If so, perhaps we can put another R16 type deal together collectively for the guys who do not reload Remington hulls.

Take a look at the Z 2M 22MM high 20 ga wad. That one might be just the ticket for a "no filler wad needed" 7/8 or 3/4 ounce load wad for use in the Remington 16 ga hull. I do know the 16 ga. Z 2M wad has a bigger diameter than the Gualandi wad. If that proves true for the 20 ga wads, we might have a winner here. I'm intrigued. It bears further research.

What amazes me is that I actually got the spelling of the names right. That was pure luck. Perhaps I should spend my next pay check on lottery tickets.------NAHHHH!!! Laughing
Pete
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:36 am  Reply with quote

16gauge guy I called and left a message on one of those STPUID voice box and still haven't heard back that was Monday may be you will have better luck. They sell in 6000 bulk but I can't get a price.
Pete
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:21 pm  Reply with quote

Pete, I got through to John Ryland last night at about 4:00 pm their time. Right now, they are only carrying the shell. however, they do plan on carrying all available B&P reloading componants in the future. John promised to contact me with any news and will be lurking on this site from time to time. He does not have a time line yet. That is all he could tell me.

If you can buy some R16 wads, you might be better off. Recob's might have a few cases available.

I just checked out Ballistic Products for a price on the 20 ga Trap Commander. This is the same wad as the B&P Z2M 22MM wad. Their 5000 count price is not too bad if they do not rape us on shipping. I'm going to order a 200 count bag for trials. I'll let you all know how it goes. The shot cup is only 3/4" in depth so this might be the ideal 3/4 ounce target wad substitute in a Remington case.
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:58 pm  Reply with quote

I just tried to order a 200 count bag of the 20 ga trap commander wads From Ballistic Products. The bag of wads is $6.49. Shipping is $8.99. Plus, they are out of stock with no clear date of when they might be available again.

At $15.49 for 200, you'd think these jerks would make sure they have some in stock. They can kiss my rosy red #@^^!@#. Please don't anyone try to tell me what a great company they are. They are thieves and bad ones at that. Laughing

For those of you who are math challenged, I also don't want to hear how expensive the R16 wads are either. Rolling Eyes SHEESH!!
87016ga
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:40 pm  Reply with quote

amen to that 16gg........
bpi is sliding down hill fast,probably living on past glory!
i live one hour from them and my last couple of orders have taken over a week to receive, after 2 phone calls to find out where in the hell my stuff was at. this was on "in stock supplies" to boot Exclamation
BUT, if you want FIOCCHI ammo they can't get it out the door fast enough.
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:28 pm  Reply with quote

you can order Fiocchi ammo from a shop nearby the Fiocchi USA distributor cheaper. Call Fiocchi. They will give you the shop name. you'll get it faster and cheaper.

Anyone who might spend almost $15.00 for 200 20 ga. plastic wads, please contact me immediately. I've got a kitchen draw full of complimentry plastic knives and forks with napkins, all nicely wrapped in cellofane from all the fast food restraunts I haunt. I'll make you a great deal on them. Wink

Now I understand why PT Barnum got rich. there really is a sucker born every minute. Shocked

Where the hell is Graf's when you need them? Rolling Eyes ...say good night Gracie.
Larry Brown
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:52 am  Reply with quote

I know gas is expensive these days, but if I lived an hour from BP, I'd probably call to make sure they had what I wanted, then drive over to pick up my order. And buy in bulk.
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:53 am  Reply with quote

You don't happen to need any plastic tableware do you? Laughing