16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Rant - PayPal strikes again!
Highcountry
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:12 pm  Reply with quote

I tried to access my PayPal account today and got a message that I had limited access (meaning I couldn't use it at all). As you might know our good liberal (read unamerican) eBay friends bought PayPal and now assert their special brand of Bradyism to its policies. I called the jerks to find out what was up and was not so politely told that I violated their policies. And that policy was that I could not use PayPal for transactions of guns, ammo, gun accessories, KNIVES, and on and on. I listed a gun on Gunsamerica and used PayPal for the transaction - - - so they cancelled my account which I had about 10 yrs! While talking to the surly bastard, I pointed out that I was looking about 16000 knives listed on eBay that took PP. He said that was illegal and that they would cancel their accounts too if the seller used PayPal. I don't believe him but that is what he said.

It is a sad situation in this country when liberalism can dictate legal, constitutional business transactions. I will have no problem conducting my business in another way in the future.

Hc

16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:46 am  Reply with quote

What a bunch of hypocrits. I'd hate to say how many bird knives and collectible pocket and hunting knives I've bougth off EBAY and paid for with PAYPAL. I even have bought muzzleloading, and reloading stuff there and paid for it the same way. Their policy is descriminate and capricious at best.

There is venue for a class action suit here folks. This is plain BS market control and its illegal as can be. Sign me up. I'll appear as a witness with proof in hand.
hoashooter
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:55 pm  Reply with quote

I have also used PP for gun parts,etc
sportsman16
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:17 pm  Reply with quote

They got me also last year. They will search gunbroker to see if you mention Paypal and if you do, they give you the axe. Mad Fortunately I always swept my cash to my regular checking act as I have heard of them locking up any cash you have with them for several months if you violate any of their policies.

Steve
3DocPop
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:01 pm  Reply with quote

When I bought my Ithaca M 37, the Gunbroker seller was using BidPay, because to my understanding, BidPay was more friendly to us terrible, nasty, dangerous gunowners. Had no problems, but have not had occassion to use it again.