16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  How many Minnesota guys on here?
sportsman16
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:44 pm  Reply with quote

Gary,

Are you talking grouse or ducks? Grouse up here are anywhere from terrible to great depending on what year the cycle is in. Ducks are hit and miss, if you want to scout and dont mind doing a little work, you can usually get them. Small world, I used to live in Britt also.

Steve
woodcock hunter
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:06 am  Reply with quote

I live in just north of Rochester, moved here from Texas in 97, love to hunt birds , catch and release Big Browns and Steelhead. Would very much like to meet some other gun guys here in Minnesota.
ermadear55
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:44 am  Reply with quote

HI GUYS,

I am a life long MN Boy but I am currently a military convoy driver (back) in Iraq. I would love to get together with some of you guys when I get back home next year. Would love to hunt grouse in NE MN. I live in Pope County in West Central MN. Was just home to fish in Canada for (gotta respect the little lady's hobby too Wink ) a while and then home for a while. Got the nicest surprise of my life (well, one of them anyway) from my bride. I had a 16ga Wingmaster that I sold to my high school football coach years ago. He died in 1992 and I asked his bride if I could buy the gun back but she told me it was sold to my coach's assistant coach many years ago. As fate would have it I had talked about this gun on the phone with my wife this Spring. When I got home I found out that my coach's widow and my bride were on a mission and found out that the assistant coach had sold the gun to his son. Fate set in again cuz my girl stores her fishing pontoon boat on the son's farm. So she asked him about the 16ga and found out he was going to give it to his son. However, his son wanted a 12ga (troubled youth these days Shocked ) so he said he would sell it for what he paid for it, which was $175 so my wife gets it back and has it propped up in the corner of the bedroom when we get home, which led to a wonderful second honeymoon experience which I almost blew cuz I almost took off to shoot the gun first Question (sometimes I even worry myself). But we did go shooting the next day and the gun is still in perfect shape other than a small chip on the forearm. My son really liked it too so he is in the market for a 16 now. So, after all that wonderful experience Iraq looks a bit worse, but we need to finish the job here so in a way I am happy to be back here too (however the heat can end anytime Twisted Evil ).
So, I guess I need to catch up on the Model 12 battle to stay connected.
Thanks for the friendship this site brings to this troubled land!!
Gary
parrothead936
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:50 am  Reply with quote

Mod 97 wrote:
I grew up in Willmar. Still connected to the state because of family.

NR
I grew up in Willmar also. I now live in Florida. I plan to be at Green Lake last half of Sept for some Walleye fishing before heading to N. Dakota fot some Pheasants.

Dave Erickson
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:59 pm  Reply with quote

I can see the Minnesota bluffs along the Mississippi River 3 miles away from my yard. My mother and wife are both from MN, so I have plenty of relatives scattered from Brownsville, Hokah, Harmony, Rochester area, Twin Cities, all the way up to Fertile, and even a first cousin in Grigla. Come to think of it I have a lot more family in MN than in WI where we live!
Blaze
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:50 am  Reply with quote

MGF wrote:
Oofda!

Geez, MGF - get it right! it's "Uff Da"! Laughing

Grew up in NW MN with tremendous grouse #s in my teen years. I've hunted Grygla/Fourtown area many, many times and love that place. Have since married a ND girl and got hooked on the wiley ringnecks, but still love a good "tree-chicken" outing!

Blaze