16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  A suggestion
fin2feather
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:29 am  Reply with quote

I would respectfully request that we avoid political posts in the future. I can't speak for Doug, but the title of this forum is 16ga. General Discussion, which says to me that the posts should be at least loosly related to the reason this BB exists.

There is a Politics & Punditry forum on another well-known gun BB which might be a good place to take this stuff in the future.

I'm not trying to be the board police, but I don't want this board to turn into that one. Anybody who's been over there knows what I mean.

JMHO. Thanks.

I feel a warm spot in my heart when I meet a man whiling away an afternoon...and stopping to chat with him, hear the sleek lines of his double gun whisper "Sixteen." - Gene Hill, Shotgunner's Notebook
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:52 am  Reply with quote

We gun owners have been victimized by one side of the political process and ignored by the other except when they want our votes. Who better to understand the present situation in this nation. Where better to dicuss it but on a gun forum.

I agree, keep it out of the guns, the ammo and reloading, and guns for sale venues, but general discussion should be open to all issues including our government--or more accurately-- misgovernment.

We gun owners should be among the most politically informed and aware of all groups. Our right to bear arms is under attack along with all out other rights. Don't ever forget it or we lose not just a favorite pastime, but an essential part of our way of life. The right to keep and bear is the cornerstone to all our other rights. Without weapons, we are helpless to defend all the others. Why do you think so many power hungry, over controlling politicos are against that right? They fear our right to keep and bear because we are not sheep when we are capably armed. they prefer to rule sheep. Its easier and safer for them.

This group is perhaps the most intelligent gun forum I've ever been part of. We have a tremendous amount of talent and brains right here. Where better than here to discuss present relevent issues. Our government and its misdeeds should always be somewhere on our agenda.

If you wish to ignore it, then do so. But I sense that just by your post, you cannot ignore it. To this I say good on you F to F. We have too much at stake. You instinctively know this, even though sometimes you'd like to ignore it. We all have to put it down and rest on occasion, but we can't ignore it. We can't afford to. Deal with it when you can, but stay the battle overall my friend. We need you.
16ga.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:49 am  Reply with quote
Site Admin
Site Admin

28jun06

Sorry 16gg, I'm inclined to agree with Fin on this one. The purpose of this site is the promotion and perservation of the 16 gauge. It also serves as a collection point for advice and information for 16 bore owners and our interested friends. It is also clear to me that we have made a definite impact on the industry. The 16 is receiving more attention than ever in a variety of venues. It appears to be working, but the site was never intended to host discussions on civil liberties, etc, and as Fin said, those sites exist in many other places and forms and most of them are tiresome.

I had been thinking about how to handle it. I don't want a bunch of rules. So take this a suggestion... avoid bringing POLITICS or RELIGION into the threads. They are sure to turn off interested newcomers who might have been attracted by the 'friendliness' of our group.

Thanks for your attention, --Doug

Last edited by 16ga. on Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
revdocdrew
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:37 pm  Reply with quote

hey Doug-are you saying that this Sterly worship is becoming idolatrous? Laughing

Dave Miles
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:50 pm  Reply with quote

idolatrous

Geez Rev, I can't pronounce it. Let alone tell you what it means. Very Happy
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:55 pm  Reply with quote

I here you 16ga. and will abide by your wishes out of respect for your position. I'd also add that I have never gotten into a discussion about someone's religion. I Avoid such dicussions like the plague on a public forum. The same goes for race or ethnicity. These are private, individual issues. We are supposedly equal under the law and our laws call for a seperation of church and state. I obey. They are wise laws.

However, I will leave you with this warning. Don't ever lose sight of the fact that this site mission has wider intrinsic issues, because it is a firearms oriented site. From this point on, I will abstain from posting anything political, nor will I be drawn into any further discussions of a political nature. However, I will ask one more time before I close this post out for all of us to spend some time thinking about our present situation, and to be more aware of what is actually being done in the name of freedom, democracy, and what's left of this nation and its peoples' good name.
Wolfchief
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:47 pm  Reply with quote

16ga: Agree with you 100% and will comply

Lawrence U
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:50 pm  Reply with quote

Hey, let's start a theonomy thread!!

Oops.

MGF
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:59 pm  Reply with quote

For what it's worth, I think even this thread over a difference of opinion shows the civility, respect and healthy sense of humor common to this site. As neighborhoods on the 'net go, this is a fine one. Makes me look forward to the day I can meet up with some fellow members and make some once-fired hulls.

Although I will not go so far as to tote a Sissy-tori. Razz