skeettx
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:20 am  Reply with quote

KABOOM!!
Fun video
Thanks
Mike

spr310
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:15 pm  Reply with quote

Mike. I just thought that all you shooters that use those SxS's would be pleased that the Vice President approves of your choice of shotguns. He doesn't approve of my choice as I shoot automatics and take the plugs out.
skeettx
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:17 pm  Reply with quote

I am SURE glad YOU are on this site
Thanks
Mike

Leicadave
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:09 pm  Reply with quote

Don't know...kind of bothers me to see such untutored and dangerous gun handling, despite the funny shock value of the girls getting knocked back and down by the recoil. Just glad I wasn't standing next to or even behind these neophytes!

"There can be no greater issue than that of conservation in this country." Theodore Roosevelt
rdja
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:33 am  Reply with quote

Leicadave wrote:
Don't know...kind of bothers me to see such untutored and dangerous gun handling, despite the funny shock value of the girls getting knocked back and down by the recoil. Just glad I wasn't standing next to or even behind these neophytes!

Totally agree, and I think what it really shows is you just cannot go out and get a shotgun and expect to be able to use it without some instruction, and just how hard they can be to shoot.
DanLee
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:15 pm  Reply with quote

Guys who subject girls to this kind of abuse ought to be horsewhipped. I wonder how many of these girls ever touched another shotgun again after this experience. We need new shooters, and we especially need new shooters from the distaff side, if we want our sport to survive in the future. Grow up.

Dan
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:45 am  Reply with quote

DanLee, You are dead on the mark. If more shooters saw it this way shot gunning would be a growing sport. Thanks!

Ruff Hunter
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:18 am  Reply with quote

+1 for DanLee. BTW spr310, you do a poor job of hiding your political intent with your post about the VP. Not appropriate for the 16GA forum.

16Ga BRNO
20Ga LC Smith
20Ga Miroku x2 (Model F & Model 500)
28Ga AYA 4/53 (bucket list item #6)
Upland Carpenter
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:21 pm  Reply with quote

Ruffled Hunter

If you're going to be nit-picky about things, you might want to look at your own tag line. Seems to be a bit of a politcal sentiment to that as well.

Or... we could all be a little less sensitive, let the owner/moderator of the site make the call and ignore what we don't like. SPR's post has been up for some time. If Doug thought it out of line, he would have pulled it.

Cheers,
Marcus

Last edited by Upland Carpenter on Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

''Common Sense isn't common" -Lefty Kreh
Dogchaser37
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:36 pm  Reply with quote

Quote:
Or... we could all be a little less sensitive,

I like that.....thanks for a realistic thought.

spr310
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:50 pm  Reply with quote

It was a joke. Can't anybody on this laugh. Now I know why I've been shooting 12 gauge for the last year and a half. Some of you must have your britches pulled up to tight.
Ruff Hunter
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:16 pm  Reply with quote

Upland,

Tag lines are nothing more than a quirky saying or phrase. Mine results in an oxymoron.

Rules of the forum are clear and because of it this forum has not devolved into the cesspool of rants and raves you find on other popular shotgun sites.

No "posts" about politics. They rarely end up to be a joking matter.

16Ga BRNO
20Ga LC Smith
20Ga Miroku x2 (Model F & Model 500)
28Ga AYA 4/53 (bucket list item #6)
Upland Carpenter
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:27 pm  Reply with quote

Ruff Hunter wrote:
Upland,

Tag lines are nothing more than a quirky saying or phrase. Mine results in an oxymoron.

Rules of the forum are clear and because of it this forum has not devolved into the cesspool of rants and raves you find on other popular shotgun sites.

No "posts" about politics. They rarely end up to be a joking matter.

Ruff,

Thanks but I'm aware of the rules of the forum as I'm sure SPR is. I agree, according to the rules of the forum, he shouldn't have posted what he did. Most of us are grown men here. Sometimes this stuff happens. If you're that offended by it, contact the moderator. As it was up 5 or 6 days and not pulled, I assume he let it slide.

If you want to strictly adhere to the rules, this Sauer 20ga http://www.16ga.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=124555&highlight=#124555 of yours should never have been placed for sale on this site. The "For Sale" section is for 16ga guns only. As far as most of us are concerned, we like to see other stuff for sale as long as Doug lets it. It's his site.

As to tag lines not falling under the same guidelines as posting, does that mean SPR could have written what he did as his tag line and that would be acceptable? Yes, it would be much more overt in it's politicism than yours. Still, from my perspective, yours has a whiff of politcal undertones too. I still find it amusing. That's life.

Cheers,
Marcus

''Common Sense isn't common" -Lefty Kreh
spr310
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:43 pm  Reply with quote

Oh for Petes sake. They was nothing political mentioned. The main topic was just to show the stupid people handling guns. All I did was mention that the Vice President approved of all of those stupid SxS's. It could have been anyone saying the same thing.
If you want it to get political, here goes. I think he's a stupid ass. How's that. And I'm sorry I hurt anybodies feelings that voted for him. Now That's my last post on this site.