16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Recoil
Ruff Hunter
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:58 pm  Reply with quote

Upland,

Your right. I probably shouldn't have listed to 20 gauge. Thankfully it did not erupt into a ruckus between the 16 Gauge society and the legions of 20 gauge aficionados.

I'll remember the rule, but if I forget and list another non 16 gauge, please feel free to remind me of my former righteousness and how I have fallen from grace.

16Ga BRNO
20Ga LC Smith
20Ga Miroku x2 (Model F & Model 500)
28Ga AYA 4/53 (bucket list item #6)
Upland Carpenter
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:44 pm  Reply with quote

Post whatever you want Ruff Hunter. I like 'em all.

Cheers,
Marcus

''Common Sense isn't common" -Lefty Kreh
fn16ga
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:07 am  Reply with quote

Spr310,

I thought it was a great post and enjoyed the video a few times, some people are just way to serious .

What do they say , Never take life to serious , you are never going to get out alive.

I just hope I get outa here before the Commies take over completely . Very Happy Laughing
Winchester21
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:45 pm  Reply with quote

While I normally let others shoot the way they feel comfortable with, and may only offer a suggestion or two "if they say its okay" I do tend to butt in when I see some idiot letting a new shooter, usually a kid or girlfriend, hold and fire a gun wrong.
Sometimes I'll just ask him "Why don't you like her? Why are you letting her shoot a gun that way when you don't? Letting her lean way back, head held back, and not showing her how to lean into the gun is getting her all beat up." I'll tell her to try and hold it right, see how "he's doing it", or show her myself if he's not doing it right either. so that the effect of the recoil isn't so hard on them.
I've even seen "amateur coaches" let whole groups of new shooters get beat up because they are too stupid or proud to show them the right way. Rather than get in a big argument with him I will take one of the shooters aside and show and tell them the right way to hold the gun.
What is nice is how much these new people appreciate the advice and they've told me how much nicer it is to shoot and not get beat up.