16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  Just bought 16 ga Parker Trojan - questions
czech
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:13 pm  Reply with quote

Hunshatt: thanks for the offer. Who / what is RST? And how much do they charge? I've found Kent Gamebore #6 or #7 for $9.95 ea or $8.95 ea per case, Polywad Vintager #6 or #71/2 for $7.50 ea in case lots, and B&P F2 Classic 16 in #3 through #9 for $58.82 per 200.

I think Polywad Spreaders are something I'll have to try at some time. They're pricey at $13.50 ea or $12.50 ea in case lots, but with my full/mod choked barrels, when I'm out after quail, they'll be worth their weight in gold.

I've decided to leave the old Parker completely original, so no choke mods, no chamber lengthening. The spreaders with #8 shot will make it a good quail gun, and regular #6 shells in the mod/full barrels should take down pheasant with ease.

It's at the gunsmith right now getting a crack in the buttstock fixed and a general cleaning / mechanical checkup. I'll be ready to try her out in just a couple of weeks!

Let me know the details about your next order, and thanks again.
hunshatt
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:59 am  Reply with quote

www.gunshop.com/rst_shotshells.htm
Foursquare
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:17 am  Reply with quote

They recently moved the operation and have a new site.

www.rstshells.com

Pete

" .......you have learned patience and stubbornness and concentration on what you really want at the expense of what is there to shoot. You have learned that man can as easily be debased as ennobled by a sport....."
nhdblfan
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:57 pm  Reply with quote

czech,
man I thought I was lucky with some of my country auction finds but you flat out steal stuff.I would take a look out the window and make sure the coppers aren't looking for you Very Happy
If by any chance you get offered any more guns you want to pass on please feel free to contact me !
Any stock tips??
czech
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:21 pm  Reply with quote

nhdblfan:

Yes...wait until after October to invest in any stock. There's a regular ebb and flow to stock prices, just like the tide. Right now, stocks are on the ebb. That, and October has been the month of all the big stock price drops I can remember.

I really don't know how this keeps happening, but I just found a minty S&W K-38 Masterpiece (Model 14-3) with box and papers for $250. I've seen them on GunsAmerica for as much as $450. Oh, and the owner threw in a couple of boxes of shells and a holster/cartridge belt for free.

To Hunshatt: where do you live? I am interested in doing a part purchase of 16 ga shells from RST when my gun gets back from the smith next week. How could we arrange this?
old16
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:02 pm  Reply with quote

cezch
I just purchased a parker trojan for 1000.00 smackerrooos and thought I was getting a good deal.
Repent my friend repent.