16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  Fausti Stefano Redux
Dove Hunter
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 1:39 pm  Reply with quote

I know this was discussed briefly previously. I was looking at Fausti Stefano's website (www.faustistefano.com) and their line up of guns, many in 16 was extremely impressive. Larry Brown, you intimated that you were doing an article on the company. Are the higher grade models imported into the US ? If so, who by and how much do they cost ? The operators of the company by the way are a superb looking group of executives! I wonder if they are hiring ? Smile
Buckeyechuck
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 5:45 pm  Reply with quote

I chanced it and purchased a Fausti Stephano 16 GA. Traditions, Real Gold, it looks pretty nice but havn't shot it yet, that will be the real acid test.
Larry Brown
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 1:32 pm  Reply with quote

Chuck, the Real 16 is on the heavy side for a 16, but nicely finished. Let me know what you think of the trigger.

DH, their higher grade guns are not imported to the States, but they have an agent through whom you can order one. If you PM me, I'll dig around in my notes and find his contact information.
Buckeyechuck
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 6:20 pm  Reply with quote

Surprised I have pulled the triggers quite a few times using snap caps, I havn't been too impressed. The trigger tavel is 1/8 inch + (mayber 3/16") before the sear breaks free. It is a far from my Beretta triggers thats for sure. I may end up having a smith do some tuning. Shouldn't have to on such a pricey toy. I like the looks and feel of the shotgun, and would like to keep it, only if it will shoot and satisfy me.
I was not happy with the first Real Gold 16 I received. I returned it to Traditions and they replaced it no questions asked. If you are interested I can expand in detail.
Apparently you have some quesions about the triggers on these guns??
What is your experience or knowledge in this regard?
Larry Brown
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 4:58 am  Reply with quote

I'm somewhat fussy about triggers, and didn't think the one on the Real 16 I tried out was all that great either. Pretty much as you report.
Buckeyechuck
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:46 pm  Reply with quote

I had my trigger worked over by Umbergers in Ohio. It is much better now.
This Real Gold 16 shoots well and is much lighter than my DeHaan 16 OU.
I enjoyed your Fausti Stepano article in one of the shotgun magazines I recently read. Three pretty ladies running a shotgun mfg. co. and they love it. Wow. Keep the information flowing.
Buckeychuck
hoashooter
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:59 pm  Reply with quote

Buck--What is your honest opinion of the Dehaan Question
Buckeyechuck
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:07 pm  Reply with quote

My DeHaan is a 16 ga. ou model U2, I like the gun, I need to get the stock shortened to feel real good about it, I am short with short arms, 14.5 LOP is long for me, the gun weighs in at 7 pounds, definitely heavier than my Traditions Fausti made Real Gold 16, at the moment I keep reaching for my Real Gold 16 because it fits me due to having 1/2" trimmed off the stock and a Kickeeze pad plus trigger job.
When I shoot clays, I use the DeHaan because it swings real nice due to the 28" tubes and absorbs the recoil better. I am thinking about getting another one, so that is how I feel about it. No problems thus far.