16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  Ms. Elsie and the 2 Foxy Ladies excellent adventures return
bustingclays
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:20 pm  Reply with quote

Gentlemen:

After the second big storm that knocked out power in the St. Louis area last Friday the 21st, I got off the state's nickel about 3 pm and ran up to Alton (La Barge-Harkness) and picked up Ms. Elsie and the 2 Foxy Ladies (Ms. 20 and Ms. 16). My plan was to shoot them on Saturday. However, what a letdown - NO power at any gun club close by last weekend - talk about withdrawals Mad

This weekend - different story! Ms. Elsie with her new lever spring performed flawlessly in 2 rounds of skeet (operator error cost her 3 birds in the first round and 2 in the second). Not bad for IM/F barrels - really smokes the incoming high bird at station 7 Cool I am now pondering a trip to Wright's to ream chambers (a little tight for me), lengthen forcing cones, and open barrels up to somewhere around skt1/skt2 or ic/skt2

Dad's Old Gun (ms. Foxy 16) was in the shop for a loose lever. I just never could keep the screw in the bottom of the lever tight. A couple of 100 rounds and she was loose again and to the left of center. Mr. Fuch's lengthened the lever pin - allowing the screw to tighten up properly. he also teag-welded on the barrel latch and the lever is tight and right of center with no sign of movement.

I did not shoot Ms. Foxy 20, but with snap-caps the sfaety did not slip, nor allow the gun to dry fire in about 20 tries.

I am PLEASED.

Paul Fuch's La Barge-Harkness 618.465.7247

Dr. 16 Gauge