16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Ithaca Open House / Gathering 2014
drcook
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:34 am  Reply with quote

Fellow board members.

We have been notified by the Ithaca Gun company that they want to host another open house this year. Discussions are currently going on to select the best date, for the most people.

Everyone involved is being cognizant of "back to school time", "the beginning of hunting season" and the various endeavors of the Ithaca folk that come from the farming community.

Here is the Official KickOff post from Zak Amert, Service Manager, Ithaca Gun Co.

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=400681

I urge all of you that are interested and able to attend, to at least take a trip through the factory. It is one thing to be told about the care and precision that the guns are built with, and is really another to actually see the processes yourself and to meet the people that are actually building them.

The Ithaca Gun Co is located in Upper Sandusky, Ohio (not to be confused with Sandusky Oh, where Cedar Point is located). Upper Sandusky is "small town USA" with "small town USA" values and attitudes. You will be welcomed there, I know I was. I am fortunate as they are only 90 miles from my house.

Last year folks got to see some very exquisite firearms, member's guns and guns from the Ithaca vault.

Last year, quite a few enduring friendships were made by people both here and Canada.

If at all possible, I urge you to attend.

dc

Roadkill
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:00 am  Reply with quote

David,
If at all possible, I'll be there. Being retired now, it should not be a problem. I had the factory tour when I picked up my 28ga a few years ago, but would love to see it again, and meet you and other Ithaca lovers.
Bill
rdja
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:18 am  Reply with quote

Not far at all for me. Just depends on the date and work schedule.