16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  16 GA Dickinson at Cabela's
Hunting Red
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:59 pm  Reply with quote

410 and 28s are out there. Read a few postings on Shotgun World of people that had them. When I called different Cabelas looking for a Nice 16 that was on sale I ran into a few stores that said they had one. Theres not many out their and there all full retail at $1,599.
bamboozler
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:53 pm  Reply with quote

GaryO wrote:
Have you actually seen the 28 and 410? They are just myths as far as I know...

The 28-ga. and .410 Dickinsons are definitely now available. I believe that the current Dickinsons in 28-ga. and larger all have screw-in chokes, whereas all the .410s have fixed chokes. I had a .410 transferred into the Cabela's Green Bay GL from Hazelwood for an inspection before committing to buy --- the gun far exceeded my expectations. It weighs 5 lbs. 6 oz. and is choked M/M, its trigger pulls are 4 3/4 lbs. front and 4 1/4 lbs. rear. Upon inspection I would have gladly paid the $1599.99 list price, but the boys from the Green Bay GL, God bless 'em, offered me $300 off the list price for the asking. Like Mr. Erickson I'm also tickled with mine--bordering on giddy! These baby-framed Dickinsons are a real piece of work.

Last edited by bamboozler on Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hunting Red
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:11 pm  Reply with quote

You sure got a good buy on that 410. There closing out the 12,16 and 20 but the 410 and 28 is just being released. Not sure how many will be out there. I may try to pick up a 28 next spring if there available. I've shot the 20 a while and the 16 once and it really fits me good. I'm hitting the birds hard. Taking the 16 to Michigan grouse hunting in 4 days and South Dakota the end of the month for 10 days. Those guns are worth a lot more than there going for. I first didn't give them the time of day when I first saw their price, than I read a lot about them.
bamboozler
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:17 pm  Reply with quote

Hunting Red wrote:
There closing out the 12,16 and 20 . . .

Are you sure that they're closing them out?
Hunting Red
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:55 pm  Reply with quote

No I'm not sure. I read that they bought out the last of them from a distributor which doesn't mean much. My store sold out and said there wasn't going to be anymore. I did call 12 stores to find my 16 and a 12 for my nephew that didn't have any handling marks on them. There weren't many in stock. All but no 410s and 28s.
bamboozler
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:36 pm  Reply with quote

bamboozler wrote:
I believe that the current Dickinsons in 28-ga. and larger all have screw-in chokes, whereas all the .410s have fixed chokes.

I take the above back, according to Dickinson's website all gauges are available with either fixed or screw-in chokes. Cabela's in Richfield is now showing a new 28-ga. Dickinson with CYL/M fixed chokes.