16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns Wanted or For Sale  ~  Wanted Charles Daly side by side
TSB
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:28 pm  Reply with quote

Wanted Charles Daly 16 ga side by side. Miroku. please e mail with picture if available. Thanks.
Larry Brown
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:48 am  Reply with quote

TSB, I've got bad news for you: I've never seen a Miroku Daly in 16, and I don't think they exist. Far as I know, Miroku never made any 16's until they started doing 16ga Citoris and A5's for Browning. The Miroku Daly side by sides are very nice guns, often real bargains on the used market, but you'll have to be content with a 12 or a 20.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:04 am  Reply with quote

This last year my friend purhased a "MY LUCK" and to my surprise the fellow had a complete set of 12g-16g-20g-28g which he purchased in Japan in the early 70's. These were of the case color boxlock style and frame sizes to match the gauge. The hunt for another one of the early Miroku's could be a life long pursuit. Then again it gives one a reason to check out all of the web sights and gun shows.
Best,
Ron
Ron Overberg
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:08 am  Reply with quote

Sorry Rolling Eyes I forgot to sign in. I am still working on a purchase of the 16g every time I see the gent at the gun show.
Best,
Ron
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:55 pm  Reply with quote

Ron, I don't recall Daly 16's at all--nor 28's, for that matter. I'm pretty sure all they imported were 12's and 20's--in sxs, at least. They did bring in 28ga and .410 OU's. Unless you find another guy who brought back a 16 from Japan, I don't think you're going to score on one of those--unfortunately.
revdocdrew
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:30 pm  Reply with quote

I looked through my 60s SAs and F&Ss and found the first ad for the Charles Daly SxS in Sept 65' "It comes in 12 or 20 gauge, regular or Magnum, plain or ventilated rib model."
BUT Exclamation
In the Sept 68' American Rifleman, Parker Distributors out of New Rochelle, NY advertised:
"Charles Daly Empire Grade Double Barrel Shotgun. 16 gauge only, 28" mod. and full or 26" Imp. cyl. and mod. tapered vent. rib. Single trigger. Retail $200/Special $149.95"

There should be some out there somewhere Very Happy (but I REALLY need to find something meaningful to do with my spare time Rolling Eyes )

87016ga
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:12 pm  Reply with quote

drew:
now what else could be more meaningful than the 16ga Question Wink
Larry Brown
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:39 am  Reply with quote

Drew, the Daly Empire Grade from that era was not a Miroku-made gun. They came out of Italy, with strong speculation that Beretta produced them, because they look very much like a Beretta from the same era. Good guns IMO, even if not the elusive Japanese 16.
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:32 pm  Reply with quote

I think both Ron and I will agree with you Larry. Beretta 16 ga double guns are excellent, just hard to find. I still can't believe I wandered into mine at a New England gun show. Dumb lucky--thats me.