16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  Remington Game Load Hulls
oregunner
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:09 am  Reply with quote

I am looking all over for recipes for RGL hulls and CB wads, using one ounce of shot. I have Unique, Herco, and Green Dot, and most of the primer choices. I want 1150-1200 fps, and pressures low, for an older gun. I am extrapolating some data, but it is frustrating that there isn't more data available. If someone could verify that I am at least on the right path. I am thinking 16 gr of Green Dot, or 18-19 grains of Herco or Unique? Thanks for any help.

double vision
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:52 am  Reply with quote

Mark, I'm sure all three would work, but I'd focus on Unique loads for 1 oz. (Herco would be my 2nd choice).

Green Dot seems to be a "fast" powder in the 16 and best suited to lighter loads (in general...).
skeettx
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:52 am  Reply with quote

Go here, enroll, be approved, enjoy the site

http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/reloading16gauge/

BigCreekMI
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:04 pm  Reply with quote

If you can find any of the Remington R16 1oz wads, they are, IMO ideal for load you are trying to create.

oregunner
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:19 pm  Reply with quote

I got signed up at the UK site, and was able to download some data sheets. It confirmed that I was in the ballpark, if a little weak on powder amounts, which is OK. Herco and Unique will get a try in my 100 year old Model 12.

sneem
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:44 pm  Reply with quote

I've been using a load of 19 gr Unique with the CB clone of the Win WAA16 wad and Rem 209P. 1oz shot gives 1165 fps and 8,600 PSI. Hope it helps.

fn16ga
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:04 am  Reply with quote

Funny this subject came up , as I was looking for a similar load using the rem hull over the weekend . Surprisingly there are very few tested 1oz loads using Unique in the 1150-1165 fps range . I was thinking of using 18grs of Unique and the R16 wad.

sneem wrote:
I've been using a load of 19 gr Unique with the CB clone of the Win WAA16 wad and Rem 209P. 1oz shot gives 1165 fps and 8,600 PSI. Hope it helps.

Smeen , I looked at this load also , have you shot this load a much and how has it preformed for you ?
16gaDavis
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:39 am  Reply with quote

if the CB wad fits the load ok (18/19 unique) fine . If it's loose , put a cheerio in . Sp wad is the same . If you think this is weird , the CB 7/8 wad is nothing more than a molded cheerio in the bottom of the cup ... go figure !

sneem
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:40 pm  Reply with quote

fn16ga wrote:
Funny this subject came up , as I was looking for a similar load using the rem hull over the weekend . Surprisingly there are very few tested 1oz loads using Unique in the 1150-1165 fps range . I was thinking of using 18grs of Unique and the R16 wad.

sneem wrote:

Smeen , I looked at this load also , have you shot this load a much and how has it preformed for you ?

Those black Rem hulls are not my favorite, but that recipe loads with a nice crimp and they go bang.