16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  Good Buy On Ammo
T-Bone
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:23 pm  Reply with quote

Academy Sports is having a nice sale on 16 Ga. 1 ounce #6 shot loads:

http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/remington-16-gauge-upland-lead-game-loads?repChildCatid=28366&cm_vc=PDPZ2&cm_cr=No+Campaign-_-Web+Activity-_-AcademyDesktopProductDisplayPageLayout+-+Slot+13_0-_-Widget_DAProductRecommendationWidget_3074457345618304911-_-Remington+16+Gauge+Upland+Lead+Game+Loads-productImageLink&experimentId=&testElementId=

jsorvik
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:29 pm  Reply with quote

Your link just leads to their regular price of $7.99. Am I missing something?
T-Bone
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:49 am  Reply with quote

jsorvik wrote:
Your link just leads to their regular price of $7.99. Am I missing something?

NO…But in this day and age, I guess I find $7.99 a box/$79.90 a flat with free shipping to be a pretty fair price for that load. Rolling Eyes

Tom

Gil S
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:21 am  Reply with quote

Cabelas has a better deal on 1 oz. #6. The link is in a thread I started a few weeks ago in this subforum. Skeetx posted the link which is broken but a little pokin' around at the Cabelas site should find it. Gil
hoashooter
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:39 am  Reply with quote

Beats the $10 plus at the local Rural King stores---thanks
T-Bone
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:20 am  Reply with quote

Gil S wrote:
Cabelas has a better deal on 1 oz. #6. The link is in a thread I started a few weeks ago in this subforum. Skeetx posted the link which is broken but a little pokin' around at the Cabelas site should find it. Gil

Unfortunately that sale is done; thus, my post. They now have a 1 1/8 ounce #5 on sale for something like $74.99 a flat, but NO free shipping unless your order is something like $100.00+

The link is on someone else this time…I'm done.

Tom

T-Bone
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:21 am  Reply with quote

hoashooter wrote:
Beats the $10 plus at the local Rural King stores---thanks

Thank you for the "thank you".

Tom

jsorvik
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:16 am  Reply with quote

Hey Tom!

I hope you didn't perceive any disrespect. I agree that the Academy price is the best regular price for RGL shells for 16 gauge. I had posted as much in another recent thread. I was just questioning the link because I was hoping there was an additional sale price that I was somehow missing. . .

Some guys seem to get them at Dicks for $5.99 when they put their 12 and 20 gauge shells on sale, but I have not had that luck myself. . .

Anyway, Academy is my "usual" goto for ordering shells for 12, 16, and 20. Prices are good, shipping is free, and no sales tax!
T-Bone
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:54 am  Reply with quote

jsorvik wrote:
Hey Tom!

I hope you didn't perceive any disrespect. I agree that the Academy price is the best regular price for RGL shells for 16 gauge. I had posted as much in another recent thread. I was just questioning the link because I was hoping there was an additional sale price that I was somehow missing. . .

Some guys seem to get them at Dicks for $5.99 when they put their 12 and 20 gauge shells on sale, but I have not had that luck myself. . .

Anyway, Academy is my "usual" goto for ordering shells for 12, 16, and 20. Prices are good, shipping is free, and no sales tax!

jsorvik, thank you for the explanation. Yes, perception is everything and in in this case, I took your first post the wrong way (a misperception); getting too old and sensitive, I guess.

I hope you are having a good hunting season.

Tom

jsorvik
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:21 pm  Reply with quote

Smile Ah. . . the joys of electronic communication! Filled with opportunity for misunderstanding. Glad we cleared it up. I would never want to disrespect you or anyone else. I hate when I unintentionally do so . . .