16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  disappointing purchase
Equismith
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:34 am  Reply with quote

Typically, Federal Laws supercede local laws, UNLESS the local laws are more strict. In other words, if the FEDS are OK with you shipping your shotgun from wherever and by any carrier willing to take it (FEDEX, UPS, USPS) but local laws require you to ship from a local FFL, then the local law supercedes. It will not be a Federal Violation if you ship from wherever, but it will be a violation of local laws if you do and local law requires you to ship from a FFL.

Why do you think, in some states, local Sheriffs have differing ways of handling pistol permits? Here in NC it varies on the permit issuanace from county to county. Some Sheriffs have yearly limits, some have no limits, some have longer wait periods than others...and so on.

Check local laws AND Federal laws. Never deviate from the Federal law, and certainly check to see if the local laws require more of you than the Federal Law.

I am a 17 year Law Enforcement veteran. 16gaugeguy is correct on this one. Check locally first before shipping.

Miss Libby
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:25 am  Reply with quote

Thanks Equismith, that helps further clarify my warning not to assume too much regarding the law, especially gun laws. The 2nd amendment is probably the most bandied about of our original Bill of Rights.

That should serve as a warning to future societies neither abuse, let fall into disuse. or surrender any of their rights. We Americans have been steadily losing ours for over a century now. America is not the land of the free it once was. It does not matter that we are somewhat more independent than some other countries. We have lost control of our government and therefore, our own destinies. We have traded our freedoms for our safety. It's a poor bargain--an illusion. Neither will be ensured, because we have handed over the responsibility to protect both to an authority. By doing so, we have become powerless subjects like before our revolution.

Whether it be a pharoah, a king, a pope, a mullah, a dictator, or an overly powerful central national government like ours, once power is relinquished to theml, it will never be voluntarily returned. Once too much power is relinquished, we loose the respect a governing body must have for the society it governs. We have lost the respect of our government by handing over the responsibilities any free person must shoulder. We will now have to take the power back if we can and if we can muster the nerve. It will be a costly struggle, and the outcome is never certain.

Nhdblfan: perhaps you might reconsider your position. Never assume. It makes an ASS of U and ME.
chopper
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:36 pm  Reply with quote

Regarding the replacement, I received it this week and had it out today and shot a couple rounds of skeet and a round of trap. It shot well and I'm already in love with it. I'm going to pattern a couple of hunting loads next weekend to get an idea of how it patterns. I have Kent's 1 1/4 5's, Fiocchi 1 1/8 5's, Remingtons 1 1/8 4's, and Federal 1 1/8 7 1/2's. Headed to SD Nov 3-12th and need to see what the pattern looks like.

I'm very happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy !
nhdblfan
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:38 pm  Reply with quote

16Gauge guy,
youy are the only ASS here !!!!
I stand by my posts and have still seen no law that requires a non licensed individual to use a FFL to ship to a FFL.If you have link that will shows a law you would have posted it,as such YOU ARE WRONG.
End of story,and I am done arguring with the Village idot 16 gauge guy.
nice board,too bad its tainted by one poster with no clue and spends his time posting instead of buying guns,hunting and shooting.
good luck to all.I am out here!
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:33 am  Reply with quote

chopper wrote:
Regarding the replacement, I received it this week and had it out today and shot a couple rounds of skeet and a round of trap. It shot well and I'm already in love with it. I'm going to pattern a couple of hunting loads next weekend to get an idea of how it patterns. I have Kent's 1 1/4 5's, Fiocchi 1 1/8 5's, Remingtons 1 1/8 4's, and Federal 1 1/8 7 1/2's. Headed to SD Nov 3-12th and need to see what the pattern looks like.

I'm very happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy !

My apologies Chopper. In my effort to help fend off the wrong assumtions on N's part from leading someone from a state like Ohio down a path to trouble, I lost the focus of the thread. What model did you get? How does it look? I'm happy you are happy. That is the main point behind all we do here, to help each other out. I'm glad your situation turned out fine. Let us know how your hunting goes with it.

PS: Does anyone know what an idot is? Confused Wink