16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  Excel file: "16 GA RELOAD DATA"
MaximumSmoke
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 9:47 pm  Reply with quote

Whoa. The 16 ga. LPG was always and still is a Yahoo Group. It is separate from the 16 Ga. Society. As you can imagine, both groups have many members in common. With the LPG, we members paid to develop and share info -- not an inconsiderable cost, and not an inconsiderable benefit. Russell Gray was the guy tending that group. Thanks Russell. Later on, some fellows who joined the LPG either didn't understand the nature and intent of the group or made a conscious decision to ignore the value provided by their fellow members, and started sharing the data like it was public property, or copying the data and publishing it as their own. It's still easy to identify the fellows who did that. You can make your own moral judgements.
MaximumSmoke
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 9:53 pm  Reply with quote

And the so-called 16 Ga LPG is definitely still an active Yahoo Group. It goes by the name 16 Gauge Reloaders (16gaugereloaders). https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/16gaugereloaders/info
Dave In AZ
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 1:36 am  Reply with quote

MaximumSmoke wrote:
Whoa. The 16 ga. LPG was always and still is a Yahoo Group. It is separate from the 16 Ga. Society. As you can imagine, both groups have many members in common. With the LPG, we members paid to develop and share info -- not an inconsiderable cost, and not an inconsiderable benefit. Russell Gray was the guy tending that group. Thanks Russell. Later on, some fellows who joined the LPG either didn't understand the nature and intent of the group or made a conscious decision to ignore the value provided by their fellow members, and started sharing the data like it was public property, or copying the data and publishing it as their own. It's still easy to identify the fellows who did that. You can make your own moral judgements.

I believe it would be in the best interests of both the LPG and general forum members for you to stop confusing people, Maximum Smoke--popping in and inferring this yahoo group is the LPG data, and not clearly stating that it's two different groups. Is this something you yourself are confused on, or are you intentionally attempting to confuse others? Either you need to educate yourself and stop posting confusing info that makes folks think these Yahoo groups are the same, and that they do something wrong by joining the free yahoo group, OR you need to get hold of OldHunter and RWG and hash it out with them as to what is what.

The Yahoo group that skeettx linked folks to is NOT the same one as the LPG group, it does NOT have the same data and spreadsheets. It is 99% open commercial data collected into spreadsheets. NEITHER of the groups are synonymous with "The 16ga Society" also. We are discussing a different Yahoo group, it is THIS one:
https://uk.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/reloading16gauge/info
Note the group name is NOT the same as the one you linked.

I have been told by OldHunter, who accepted my join request, that is has nothing to do with the LPG group--in fact he wasn't pleased when I tried to sort out with him if I was looking at LPG data or not and how to pay--again, confused by you in a similar post to yours above. The spreadsheets themselves on page 1, the very first paragraph, say, "1. This spreadsheet is not affiliated with the Low Pressure Group. It is an accumulation of loads from the powder manufacturers and reloading manuals. Also some loads that were sent in and tested by members of the 16 Gauge Forum,

RWG himself when I talked to him via PM about joining the LPG group, and described my interaction with OldHunter and the yahoo group above, said they were not the same and seemed to not understand how I could be confused between the two.

I've personally paid over $400 this year to have loads tested. And like a lot of other guys, I will be posting 16ga data to the non-LPG group spreadsheet. While my original goal and intent was to join and help increase the LPG group, a great idea for encouraging 16ga testing I thought, your personal ambassadorship has caused me and likely many others to change my mind against that. I know 3 guys testing 16ga steel loads, none posting in LPG now... While your intent is to protect the value paid for by those joining the LPG-a valid goal--your execution of that intent is overly broad and appears to demean those who have not infringed. You may want to consider that your efforts are doing the LPG group more harm than good.

Best Regards
MaximumSmoke
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 7:57 am  Reply with quote

Well, excu-u-use me! I stand corrected. Thanks.
old colonel
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 4:25 pm  Reply with quote

MaximumSmoke wrote:
And the so-called 16 Ga LPG is definitely still an active Yahoo Group. It goes by the name 16 Gauge Reloaders (16gaugereloaders). https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/16gaugereloaders/info

How is this group joined?

skeettx
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 4:58 pm  Reply with quote

Send a PM to RWG

old colonel
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 5:10 pm  Reply with quote

Sent Sunday, waiting a reply

old colonel
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 3:24 pm  Reply with quote

Still waiting for an answer on how to rejoin the LPG?

Is there a currently active member who can help out?

Dave In AZ
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 3:42 pm  Reply with quote

old colonel,

For the LPG group, you just have to send a PM to RWG and wait. He will reply and tell you how to join/pay/access data. Remember it's all volunteer guys with other stuff going on, so he may not see your PM for a while-- maybe he only drops by weekly you know?

In any case, he's the right guy and all you need do is wait a bit Wink
Best Regards and good luck!
Dave
old colonel
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 5:20 pm  Reply with quote

Thank you dave I will stand by

old colonel
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 5:21 am  Reply with quote

I just needed a little patience, RWG emailed me.