16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  load of the week
16gaDavis
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:44 am  Reply with quote

the latest entry in BP's LOTW , is hevi 13 (ITX 13) that they sell . heaviest of the heavy . The 16ga is Chedd , Chedd , BP's hevi wad , 1 oz ITX13 , with a filler and buffing . 9700 psi @ 1570 fps , 50 grns of Lil Gun ... LOTS of LG !! ... I've been playing with some of these (Rosters hevi12 28ga loads .) and by using the 410 powders , they can work . What I've also found is that when going to the Win primer instead of the CCI M , they wouldn't necessarily light up and puffed out the barrel . The 28 has an 800X load I trust much more than the 296 version . Ok , back to the 16 load . This HAS to be a head cruncher/bird cruncher if it lights up at that big powder-low pressure combo . Trouble is , it's about 3 bucks a pop to test these out . Byrddog may be able to help out with his STEEL(I believe) efforts with these type loads .

byrdog
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:16 pm  Reply with quote

296 does not like to burn in larger bores than about .50 CAL, 4227 is even worse. LIL GUN lites right up no problem. I have used 2400 for 12 and 10 ga and it works great but where did it go? So LIL GUN it is. BP is working on this very thing.

If you take Cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like Prunes than Rhubarb does ----G.M/
16gaDavis
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:04 pm  Reply with quote

thanx BD , I'm just not too confident about 296 - like hearing some good things about LG . ( I won't use LG in 410 loads , blows the hell out of the cases ) but most things have a niche !!