16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  Scored my 16 ga MEC 9000 (Finally)
Riflemeister
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:52 pm  Reply with quote

I found a 16 ga MEC Sizemaster in a pawn shop many years ago for $80, but have been wanting another MEC 9000 GN in 16 ga to go with the 20 and 28 ga 9000's I use. I saw a posting on the for sale forum on here last week for a new one for sale and managed to be the first responder to his posting. It arrived today and I just finished putting it together and making all the preliminary adjustments. I had to order a 6 point pre-crimp die to load with as it only came with the 8 point die, but as soon as it arrives, I'll start working on those 5 gallon buckets of 16 ga hulls setting in my reloading room. I gave the Sizemaster to a buddy who has been loading with a 650, so a couple of big upgrades locally. Can't wait to get started loading with the 9000.

JNW
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:01 pm  Reply with quote

You are going to enjoy your 9000. When I bought mine I started shooting more 16 gauge because it was so easy to reload.
Regards,
Jeff
double vision
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:10 pm  Reply with quote

I once had a 16 gauge Grabber and foolishly sold it. Embarassed

I'm doing alright with a Sizemaster tho. I shoot a lot of 12 ga. at targets and have a couple 12 ga. Grabbers. Just picked one up at Mills Fleet Farm a couple weeks ago on closeout for $240. Not bad!