16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  Extractor needed for Enders Special Service 16
John Singer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:54 am  Reply with quote

I have a gun in my home shop for repair. It is an Enders Special Service 16 guage side x side. The extractor is missing. Numrich is out of stock.

Does anybody know where I might be able to obtain one?

It is my understanding that these guns were made by Crescent or Fulton and they were rather common "hardware store guns" many years ago.

John Singer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:36 pm  Reply with quote

Found it at Dick Williams Gun Shop in Saginaw, MI.

16GAwaterfowler
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:33 am  Reply with quote

John Singer wrote:
I have a gun in my home shop for repair. It is an Enders Special Service 16 guage side x side. The extractor is missing. Numrich is out of stock.

Does anybody know where I might be able to obtain one?

It is my understanding that these guns were made by Crescent or Fulton and they were rather common "hardware store guns" many years ago.

Yes sir, Crescent/Folsom,,, Hopkins and Allen made one model also.
Here's an interesting read on the Crescent /Folsom guns
https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1OxZo5Tkvx2G8eYf747QR9B5RJdN6Siu5JGIhfguSXXQ
Ohio Wirehair
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:56 pm  Reply with quote

Interesting read I have a Victor Ejector in .410 that was my Dad's first gun. It was given to him used in 1924 for his ninth birthday. My Grandpa bought it new and it was the first breechloading shotgun he owned. I still rabbit hunt with it once a year. The old gal hasn't missed a season in a hundred years between the 3 generations.
16GAwaterfowler
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:02 am  Reply with quote

Ohio Wirehair wrote:
Interesting read I have a Victor Ejector in .410 that was my Dad's first gun. It was given to him used in 1924 for his ninth birthday. My Grandpa bought it new and it was the first breechloading shotgun he owned. I still rabbit hunt with it once a year. The old gal hasn't missed a season in a hundred years between the 3 generations.

Yeah it's quite amazing how many guns Crescent/Folsom actually made years ago and many were of decent quality. Back then though you could buy shotguns in every hardware, auto parts and department store life was much simpler.
John Singer
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:48 am  Reply with quote

16GAwaterfowler wrote:
Yes sir, Crescent/Folsom,,, Hopkins and Allen made one model also.
Here's an interesting read on the Crescent /Folsom guns
https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1OxZo5Tkvx2G8eYf747QR9B5RJdN6Siu5JGIhfguSXXQ

You are right Folsom and not Fulton as I stated. Thank you so much for that link. It is an interesting read. Also in that link is another link to a YouTube video on the disassembly of the guns. I will find that very useful.

BTW: When I searched for this part, I searched around to many sources of old gun parts. Most did not have the part in stock. Some offered to fit or make the part but the prices were quite high. I would also have to do any final fitting or even weld an extension on the actuator rod.

I called Dick Williams Gun Shop in Saginaw, MI. They told me to bring the gun in. I expected them to match a part and I would have to do the final fitting as with the others. This place is about 2 hours from where I live but only about an hour from my duck hunting camp. For $35 they matched and installed the part.

They must have a large inventory of parts because, many times, I have called them on the phone, ordered the part and had it delivered in a day or two. Their service is excellent.

http://www.dickwilliamsgunshop.com/

I highly recommend them.