16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  Concerning 16ga autos...
dannypratt
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:18 pm  Reply with quote

Benelli needs to get on board. Period.

Yeah, I know the new A5 Sweet 16 uses an inertia action and so on....
But Benelli needs to turn out a 16ga on thier Ultra Light platform. I've been looking at the old "inertia Action" producer for quite some time now, and that Ultralight model is really a nice set up.
3 shot magazine (one in the chamber, 2 in the tube), nice short forend (nobody does that anymore), carbon fiber rib (really no need for one at all, but quite eye catching, and imperceptible weight as well) decent looking wood (may be a "dip", but it looks quite nice) and nicely contoured barrels minus the "Browning Bulge" for the choke tubes (I like fixed chokes just fine, but who's complaining about options)
One major advantage to Benelli over Browning, is typically if they advertise it, you can GET THE DAMN THING IN YOUR HANDS. It's great and all that the new Sweet 16 is going to appear sometime between now and when hell freezes right solid thru.
If I didn't already have some great guns that I truly enjoy, I'd go out, buy a 20ga and 12ga Ultralight Benelli and be perfectly happy for a good while. Or at least until next season when I needed to change up again because of the guns lack of bird producing ability (see previous post re: multiple guns)

There, I'm done. Had to do something productive...bird season around here is quite dim so far.

It's probably Brownings fault.

CitoriFeather16
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:33 am  Reply with quote

Well, there is that dreaded Benelli "click"!

Matt
Cold Iron
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:11 am  Reply with quote

I got into the habit of checking the shell lifter while carrying a Benelli years ago, you can tell if the bolt came off battery by lifting up on it and no more Benelli click.

Have a Benelli Sport the original one with HK in red letters on the side has had 10's of thousands of rounds through it. And my 26" BUL is a grouse killing machine. Haven't fired either in more than a year now that I am shooting 16 ga. guns. But totally agree if they came out with a 16 ga. BUL I'd be all over it. Browning's as a rule just don't fit me well so I am going to wait and see how the new Sweet 16 fits, will have to shoot one at some clays first. Have 2 Browning's in the safe now and haven't shot them in many years. Not sure I'll be adding a third. But if Benelli came out with a 16 I can assure you I'd have 3 Benelli's in the safe just as fast as I could.
Gran16
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:56 am  Reply with quote

Why not a berreta a300 or 400? Great guns I have an a300 and love it other than being a 12 and of course it's black plastic and not wood.
df
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:39 pm  Reply with quote

That would be awesome, a Benelli UL in 16 ga. Or a nice Benelli legacy in 16 ga. I would buy either one instantly.
I have the 12 ga UL, 20 and 28 Legacy, and 12 ga 3.5 "
And I have had a few "Benelli clicks"
dannypratt
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:49 pm  Reply with quote

I'd like to see a Franchi AL-48 in 16ga as well....but I suppose if it hasn't happened in 60 yrs, it's chances are slim.
I've had a few AL48s and they've been great guns. Probably should get a few again.

3crosses
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:06 am  Reply with quote

Well if there is a BUL is 16 in the future. It better be priced less than a citori or I won't buy it.
Jagdhund
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:47 pm  Reply with quote

I vote for a Montefeltro in 16, although the 48AL in 16 would be a close runner-uip in my list of wants.