16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  What O/U to get?
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:02 pm  Reply with quote

Cheyenne08 wrote:
cowdoc87 wrote:
One of Galazan/CSMC's o/u model barrel sets fits perfectly in a Rizzini receiver. Any info on that? (I think its their Model 21 O/U)

(And Dale is probably taking a nap)

Okay, that did it. I never want to stop 16gg when he is on a roll, everybody should know by now that he knows everything.

We are here only to add to 16gg's glory. He knows, you only guess.

16gg has looked down more crooked barrels than all of us combined.

Italian gun makers quake in their boots at the thought of a 16gg review, Browning loves him, for they do no wrong, and hang on his every word. You do know that he convinced them to develop the 16 ga BPS don't you?

Dale

See what I mean? Cranky. Laughing
cowdoc87
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:12 pm  Reply with quote

Dale,
You gotta know by now the closer you get the east or west coast, the deeper "it" gets.

Cheyenne08
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:28 pm  Reply with quote

cowdoc87 wrote:
Dale,
You gotta know by now the closer you get the east or west coast, the deeper "it" gets.

I understand, but the problem is "they" don't. Mother Theresa would be deemed "cranky" by 16gg if she disagreed with him.

This isn't my first trip around the block Cowdoc87, I've dealt with 16gg clones all my life, they never change, only their presentation of their intelligence does.

By the way, i really enjoyed your post about dogs on another post, I had not read it before.

Dale

...Andrew Jackson...
WyoChukar
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:38 pm  Reply with quote

Heck, the last time I had the audacity to disagree with you, you probably burned the bacon while taking the time to "buy me for what I am worth and sell me for what I think I am worth"! Laughing

cowdoc87
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:10 pm  Reply with quote

Cheyenne08 wrote:
cowdoc87 wrote:
Dale,

I understand, but the problem is "they" don't. Mother Theresa would be deemed "cranky" by 16gg if she disagreed with him.

This isn't my first trip around the block Cowdoc87, I've dealt with 16gg clones all my life, they never change, only their presentation of their intelligence does.

By the way, i really enjoyed your post about dogs on another post, I had not read it before.

Dale

Dale ,
Appreciating dogs is genetic. We may be kin sommers? Got any Johnny Reb in ya? I've enjoyed reading you two "disagree " over the years. Hope you both all good health and reasonable sanity.

Beagleman
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:53 pm  Reply with quote

Was this a dissertation or a soliloquy? I am so glad I found this forum! Thanks for all the knowledge.

Dave In AZ
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:36 pm  Reply with quote

Lot of high end guns being discussed.
Part of the problem of 16ga being less popular... few folks take a "populist" approach. While in 12ga and 20ga there are maybe 15 different O/U guns available for < $1100, that's not the case for 16ga.

While the OP said $2k max, there are surely other readers here who will maybe want a lower priced option. Surprisingly, no one has mentioned any of the low-cost options that might interest someone with a smaller budget, or who doesn't like spending thousands on a gun.
Here's one, Tristar Hunter EX O/U, MSRP $649

http://www.tristararms.com/products/over-under/hunter-ex/

No experience with the O/U but they make a nice S/A, and I've looked at the 20ga O/U and thought it was put together decently.
WyoChukar
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:35 am  Reply with quote

My experience with the Tristar: often only went bang once if I fired the bottom barrel first. No adjustment to the mechanism ever cured it. Both barrels also shot very low, almost and entire pattern low. Workmanship/finish was exceptionally rough on mine as well.

Now if there are two absolute requirements I have for any gun it is that it shoots where the rib points and it goes bang each time I pull the trigger.

Maybe ATI will offer a 16ga. soon. Their gun costs the same but is much nicer and actually does what it should.

American Arms offered the Silver I in 16 ga. It was a decent gun for not much money if I remember right.

Last edited by WyoChukar on Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

WyoChukar
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:40 am  Reply with quote

Other than the American Arms, there was also a cheaper Fausti in 16ga.

16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:54 pm  Reply with quote

WyoChukar wrote:
Heck, the last time I had the audacity to disagree with you, you probably burned the bacon while taking the time to "buy me for what I am worth and sell me for what I think I am worth"! Laughing

Dale was probably doing a drum roll on the table w/ the pan at the same time. Like I posted, cranky. Laughing
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:02 pm  Reply with quote

WyoChukar wrote:
My experience with the Tristar: often only went bang once if I fired the bottom barrel first. No adjustment top the mechanism ever cured it. Both barrels also shot very low, almost and entire pattern low. Workmanship/finish was exceptionally rough on mine as well.

You are not alone here my friend. Last year, I had the pleasure (???) of watching a fellow club member in our skeet squad literally hammering his loads into the chamber of his 28 ga. Tristar O/U, and then try to hammer them back out after he amazingly managed to close the breach and fire them.

I didn't stick around long enough to see what happened. I hustled my butt off the field, into the club house, and under a table. I Do all I can to avoid shrapnel at all times. Laughing