16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  New "budget" Rizzini 16 O/U due out soon
mtbirder
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:27 pm  Reply with quote

In relation to another thread, looks like Rizzini has the BR110, a $2000 O/U due out soon. I'm sure there are other "low dollar schlubs" like me out there that see $2000 as a lot but would scrape and scrimp to pick up a 16 double.
Guessing it will be a little better quality than a Tristar - not to bash.
Hopefully someone on here will do just that and give a report afterword.......
JNW
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:24 pm  Reply with quote

B. Rizzini build great guns. I think they are the best of the mid level Italian o/u for quality and much better than a Tristar. They're also quite a bit more money, so it's not a fair comparison. For $2k you can buy an excellent shotgun. I like Brownings, but I wish Beretta would build a scaled frame 16 o/u. If you're patient and shop hard you can pick up a Merkel 200E for $1500 to $2500. A big step up in quality, but you have to appreciate Teutonic engineering.
Regards,
Jeff
mtbirder
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:02 pm  Reply with quote

I happen to be of Teutonic stock, but I much prefer my Japanese Citori to the Merkel.
Call me a Bumpkin, but the Feather suits me much better, being a Montana wild bird hunter, than the "Tuetonic" appearance of the 200e.
Regardless, bet the new Rizzini will be a good one.
Never really liked Porsche's either Laughing
JNW
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:26 pm  Reply with quote

I just got off the B Rizzini website (which is not as informative as it should be). They do make some spendier 16 ga O/Us on a scaled frame, but the new BR 110s only have 3 frame sizes - 12, 20 and 28. They don't say which frame the 16 gauge is made on, but with 28" barrels it weighs 6lb 10oz which is right in there with the Citori. It also will be available with 30" barrels. They don't say how much lighter the Lght will be. Sounds like it will be a great gun.

http://www.rizziniusa.com/hunting/br110

German guns are not for everyone, and that's okay. I really like mine.
Regards,
Jeff
double vision
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:34 pm  Reply with quote

[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/pmKD8mRfp] [/URL]

This new B Rizzini looks very nice. I see both the 16 and 20 gauge are listed at 6 lbs 10 oz.
Shredder
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:06 am  Reply with quote

That's intriguing! I would be very interested to see and handle one of these guns. It would be great, although a stretch to find one at this years 16 shoot, since there only appears to be two dealers in our area-Cascade and Duluth-for Rizzini guns.
Shredder
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:09 am  Reply with quote

That's intriguing! I would be very interested to see and handle one of these guns. It would be great, although a stretch to find one at this years 16 shoot, since there only appears to be two dealers in our area-Cascade and Duluth-for Rizzini guns.
hiplainsdrifter
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:14 am  Reply with quote

Definitely a nice looking gun. I suppose it will be a while before we see any reviews, especially regarding durability.
WyoChukar
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:51 pm  Reply with quote

I am thinking that for $2000 you can find a nicer used gun, especially if you like side by sides. Truth be known, some nice old American doubles can be had for half that in pretty good condition. European doubles can be a bargain as well. But if "new" is really that important just remember that if you hunt with it, it will lose some of its "new".

Oh, and the TriStar is a turd to put it bluntly. I had a .410 and hated it, not just because of poor workmanship but poor reliability too. It was a new purchase.

16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:51 pm  Reply with quote

WyoChukar wrote:
"... the TriStar is a turd to put it bluntly. I had a .410 and hated it, not just because of poor workmanship but poor reliability too. It was a new purchase.

I'm glad someone else here has the same opinion. I posted as much a while back w/o the word "turd" in it. But it's a very good description. One man's turd is another man's piece of crap. I suspect we will now get raked over the coals for being candid. Oh well. Laughing
Cheyenne08
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:13 pm  Reply with quote

16gg,Wyochukar, no one should be upset when you give an honest opinion of a gun, I certainly am not.

As long as you understand that it is your opinion, and not a fact, more power to you. Wink

Dale

...Andrew Jackson...
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:19 pm  Reply with quote

Cheyenne08 wrote:
16gg,Wyochukar, no one should be upset when you give an honest opinion of a gun... Dale

I hear you brother, but someone's gonna get their undies all wadded up over it 'cause they think we're lying. Just how it is. It ain't an ideal world, but it sure can be an amusing one. Laughing
Cheyenne08
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:41 pm  Reply with quote

16gg, I never worried too much about wadded up undies. Too much worrying about what some one says about a shotgun, who gives a big fat rat's ass?

If I like a certain gun, it makes no difference what you, or anyone else say about it, it is your OPINION. Not mine.

Dale

...Andrew Jackson...
mtbirder
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:50 pm  Reply with quote

When I said "quessing it will be a little better quality than a Tristar" I assumed the readers would get the humor...........
Shoulda' inserted an emoticon to better illustrate for modern internetist Laughing
Cheyenne08
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:56 pm  Reply with quote

mtbirder wrote:
When I said "quessing it will be a little better quality than a Tristar" I assumed the readers would get the humor...........
Shoulda' inserted an emoticon to better illustrate for modern internetist Laughing

No reason to worry about what you said, enough of this PC crap! Speak your piece, for Christs' sake.

If anyone has a mental break down so be it.

Dale

...Andrew Jackson...