16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  !6 ga Shotguns Listed on Gunrunner
BarkeyVA
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:03 am  Reply with quote

Two 16 ga. shotguns (not mine) listed on Gunrunner.

https://auctions.thegunrunner.com/lots/view/1-6V5RM/connecticut-rbl-16-ga-side-by-side-shotgun-29-barrels-case-colored-nib-hard-case

https://auctions.thegunrunner.com/lots/view/1-6V5U6/winchester-model-97-16-ga-pump-action-shotgun-28-plain-barrel-1948

Griffon
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:02 am  Reply with quote

Thoughts on doing business with Gun Runner Auctions?

rudyc
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:29 am  Reply with quote

I have purchased 3 or 4 guns from them, all have been "as described" with a pleasant transaction.

ROMAC
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:47 am  Reply with quote

Only bought one from them so far, but there were no issues.
Griffon
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:14 pm  Reply with quote

Thanks

16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:06 pm  Reply with quote

[quote="BarkeyVA"]Two 16 ga. shotguns (not mine) listed on Gunrunner.

https://auctions.thegunrunner.com/lots/view/1-6V5RM/connecticut-rbl-16-ga-side-by-side-shotgun-29-barrels-case-colored-nib-hard-case

This is the gun made in Connecticut on an SKB frame. I mentioned it a while back in an unrelated post but could not think of the model and maker at the time. Thanks for jogging my tired ol'e brain B.

For those who may not know it, SKB double gun frames are very well made. The imported Ithaca/SKB doubles from the early 1970's were all made on the same frames. I have a much used 20 gauge Model 100 that has served the former owner and I very well for a long time. I suspect this frame is the one modified and used for the 16 ga. model, but it could be a trimmed and rounded 12 ga frame. I don't know. No matter. Either one is an excellent frame if my experience is typical.
Griffon
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:01 pm  Reply with quote

I've owned a Ithaca SKB 100 in a 20ga and can say it is undoubtedly the hardest kicking SxS I've ever owned and I did not own it very long. Didn't matter what you put in it for shells it kicked. I own the RBL 16, shoot it constantly and don't see any comparison. From the peanut gallery.

16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:35 pm  Reply with quote

Griffon wrote:
I've owned a Ithaca SKB 100 in a 20ga and can say it is undoubtedly the hardest kicking SxS I've ever owned and I did not own it very long. Didn't matter what you put in it for shells it kicked. I own the RBL 16, shoot it constantly and don't see any comparison. From the peanut gallery.

I'm not comparing an SKB 100 20 gauge to the RBL 16. Beside the different gauges, the stock styles and barrel configurations probably have little in common.

I was simply pointing out that the SKB frame (and chamber/barrel block) used to build the RBL 16 is a good one. As for how the two guns shoot in comparison, I could not say having never shot an RBL 16. I'll have to bow to your experience.

I will say that my standard 3/4 ounce 20 gauge fun and small bird reloads are easily managed in my SKB 20. I've also fired my share of 1 oz. hunting loads out of it, but I tend not to notice recoil very much when shooting at game birds unless the loads are very heavy

Even so, the SKB 100 is a very rugged gun all things considered. They must be considering how many much used ones are still going. The folks who chose the frame to make the RBL 16 obviously knew what they were doing IMO.