16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  Reloading safety reminder
fn16ga
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:05 pm  Reply with quote

Saw this over at shotgun world . Be careful guys !

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=450008
WyoChukar
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:11 pm  Reply with quote

I once used to load in my shed with an electric heater but was never comfortable with it. Come winter, the reloading takes place in my house and has for a number of years. It's just too hard to tell good hunting stories without eyebrows.

putz463
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:40 am  Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing, scary stuff, really drives home the simple passive benefit of safety glasses and hearing protection when working around contained energy devices.

Sharing a safety related habit I do at the beginning of every reload session; take out the primer seating cup and invert to MAKE CERTAIN there is no chance Murphy came by and put a pellet in there.

Riflemeister
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:50 am  Reply with quote

I'm fortunate enough to have separate loading room in my shop building that has central heating and air in addition to a bathroom to accommodate my 75 year old bladder. I added the shop building (24' X 48') after we bought the place in the country in 2003. It wasn't cheap, but I've never regretted building it. Reading the post on SGW about the fire just makes me like my setup more and more.

jswanson
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:30 am  Reply with quote

As a matter of convenience as well as safety, I never have an 8# canister on the bench. I keep an old 1# bottle of each powder specifically for dispensing powder into the measure. 8# canisters are kept in the magazine.

I never have more than one powder out on the bench either. Keeps me from making a bad mistake.