16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  Tonsper Shotgun
craig bennett
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:41 am  Reply with quote

I joined this group in 2013 interested in 16g shotguns. Being an Australian, finding a 1/2 decent 16 g has been a bit of a chore. They don't import them here. And the ones on offer were either single barrel, black powder Damascus barrels, shoddy no name ones, or way out of my budget.

This week I bought a Tonsper 16 gauge shotgun. That is what the gunshop advertised it as being. It turned out to be a Toz BM 1960 made hammer gun..but, as it has the plastic cap on the pistol grip is actually one of the first export grade guns into the European market. The house of Birmingham proofed it in 1963 and what the gun shop thought was a brand, actually is the proof mark stating 3&1/4 tons per square inch...

Anyways I thought it was a funny story. As the shop is 800km from me, they are sending it to the local dealer, and I probs will get it on Monday or Tuesday.
popplecop
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:55 am  Reply with quote

Congratulations on your find. Anxious to see some photos of it and a report on how well it fits. Here's to great shooting.

fourtrax
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:26 am  Reply with quote

Interesting purchase.

jswanson
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:30 am  Reply with quote

I would love to see some pictures when you receive it.

Joe

wj jeffery 16
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:53 pm  Reply with quote

Sounds like a good gun what do you plan to hunt with it? and what is the hunting scene like out in OZ? I have been to Perth and did a bit of a road trip down the south west , lovely country. Just wondering what there is to shoot for you guys?
ALL THE BEST WJ.
craig bennett
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:21 pm  Reply with quote

Yes I will post up pics when I get it. And the story that surrounds it, makes it more interesting.

Re hunting in Oz, with the shotgun, I intend to hunt rabbits, foxes, feral cats and ducks. And perhaps the odd pig, if it crosses paths. I hunt these as well as goats, kangaroos - (when a farmer has tags) pigs, and wild dogs with a rifle on a regular basis.

We don't have big dangerous game here such as bear - up north we have buffalo, feral camel, donkey and horses which requires a larger caliber. We also have Fallow / Red / Hog / Sambar / Chital / Rusa deer in parts of Australia. But they are not widespread, and not in the areas I hunt.
wj jeffery 16
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:48 pm  Reply with quote

Great to hear from you Craig, look forward to seeing the photos and hearing the story of your gun WJ.