16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns Wanted or For Sale  ~  16s on Gunrunner
1stgun
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:43 pm  Reply with quote

Hi all!

Just a heads up for the latest gunrunner auction. Some nice 16 ga guns, and if you are a Ithaca 37 fan there is a very fine looking one.

https://auctions.thegunrunner.com/lots/view/1-7K0BX/ithaca-model-37-featherlight-16-ga-slide-action-shotgun-goldengraved-28-barrel-1939

I have no interest in the guns or the auction house.

Happy browsing and good luck bidding.

Regards, Chuck

Cold Iron
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:48 pm  Reply with quote

Thank you for posting this. I think Very Happy

I have recently purchased a never fired with box and papers 16 ga. 37 English Ultralight Deluxe and a post war 37S so my gun spending budget is tight. I went to $1,280 but that was more than a bit shy in the end. In retrospect should have gone higher but not sure how high the other bidders would have gone if I had stayed in.

It is a beautiful gun and likely the closest I will ever will have to possessing one that resembles an Ithaca dollar grade. Didn't help that I saved a picture of it to look at while thinking about bidding higher. Wished it would have.

double vision
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:56 pm  Reply with quote

Wow! Beautiful! Like looking at forever.
1stgun
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:00 pm  Reply with quote

Iron,

Frame it with the caption "The one that got away!". We all have one in our heart, you will have a pic in your hand.

Glad someone from here checked it out.

Regards, Chuck

I will just stick with my wife's mod 37 plain Jane that I bought in Anderson, South Dakota while stationed on a remote radar train in 1969.

AmericanMeet
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:13 pm  Reply with quote

Gunrunner auction is above my Internet Skill Level.
Cold Iron
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:38 pm  Reply with quote

Chuck,

There are 4 of us retired Navy that get together each year for 15 days in SD not too far from Anderson, SD and on the ND border. But to the East. The Admiral purchased a house there last year, after 12 years we lost the house we normally rent. There are 4 retired AF pilots that we are friends with that come through for at least a couple days and a few other Navy guys in and out. Pheasant hunting isn't what it used to be there but still one of the greatest shows on earth. Usually.

The rest of my vacation time for the year is spent hunting on the North Shore of Lake Superior with fourtrax when he is around. My main gun there is a 16 ga. 1949 field grade 37 with a 26" IC bbl. that fourtrax found for me. It is identical to the gun I grew up with. Except fourtrax found one for me that had some great wood on it once I refinished it.

And I shoot it extremely well. But the damn thing seems to keep breeding more 37's in the safe!