16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  Another new sweet 16 question
df
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:22 pm  Reply with quote

Anyone want to speculate or "know" if the new sweet 16 will be offered in a higher grade version?

I handled the sw16 yesterday at the pheasant fest in Minneapolis. Very nice, very light, but the wood was as plain as you could ask for and of course, it had the thick shiny urethane type of finish. Some I know prefer that finish, but I don'y.

Thanks
spj
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:08 am  Reply with quote

Considering it is already very, very expensive mass-produced self loading shotgun I do not think making it any more expensive will make people buy more of them. The new Browning Auto-5 is not very attractive gun to begin with so adding nicer oil finished wood and engraving or etching isn't going to make any difference.

morngstar
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:05 am  Reply with quote

The new Sweet Sixteen pays tribute to the Belgium original Sweet Sixteen. Since I love the "humpback" profile, I also like the new look. It's different but also familiar.

I suspect Popularity will drive future offerings. If sales reach projected thresholds, the line will be expanded. I hope this new line will generate a renewed interest in the 16ga. The dealers I know sold out quickly. I only know of one on the shelf in South Dakota today.

Momentum was seriously lost in not making the 2016 Fall deadline. I was very dissapointed to not get mine until December, the thrill was gone by then. If I didnt love the Sweet Sixteen, I would have canceled my orders. Many who ordered one in January of 2016 did not get one until 2017.

1935 Superposed 3 inch chambered, 16ga conversion
Browning 725 16ga