16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns Wanted or For Sale  ~  1948 Ithaca 37 Skeet 16 ga - 26 in bbl IC choke
Blackbart
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:38 pm  Reply with quote

All:

I have decided to offer this pretty rare Ithaca up for sale.

It is a 1948 vintage Model 37-S with a 26 inch barrel and IC choke. The metal work is in overall good to very good condition with no mechanical issues whatsoever. the bore is mirror bright and it really does not show a ton of wear. The biggest detractor is on the barrel near the receiver where there is a thumbprint size of bluing missing. I cannot see any pitting there and don't know what heppened. The barrel is clean and dent free and the knickerbocker rib is nice, clean and solid. If i had to put a number on the metal work I would say it is something like 85-90% overall. No rust, not a lot of wear, just a few spots and blemishes.

The stocks are where it gets a bit more interesting.

The forend is correct for 1948 and I believe it to be original but it looks like someone added some finish to it at one point. It is very good condition.

The Butt is NOT original to the gun. However, it is a correct Skeet model butt stock from the pre-war era. It is stamped in the head indicating it came off a 1942 vintage skeet gun. The butt is solid, with no crack and not cut as it has full LOP to the HRBP. It does appear that at one point someone may have added a swivled stud to the butt and this is now filled in with wood filler ( I think) with a little finish on top.

So this is exactly how I bought it and I I was going to do a resto-mod on this and hunt it but I have decided I will see if see if I can find it a new owner.

It is difficult to know how to price this, but I think a fair value is $650 shipped.

I will attempt to post some pics here and will want to send a bunch to any seriously interested parties.

Thanks,

Bob

[/img]http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv263/Blackbart2/image_zpsq3igfxur.jpeg[/img]
Blackbart
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:39 pm  Reply with quote

[/img]
Blackbart
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:48 am  Reply with quote

This is now sold!

Thank you for all the interest.!