16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Wobble Trap
Riflemeister
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:32 am  Reply with quote

Thought I'd share some pictures of my recently completed wobble trap trailer setup. Took it to the range this morning and the wobble attachment definitely adds a degree of difficulty over the straight away targets that were giving me an inflated opinion of my shooting ability. The unit consists of a Do-All Aerial Assault thrower and a Do-All wobble attachment mounted on a Harbor Freight 48" by 40 1/2" utility trailer kit. I went with dual batteries to get better power life and also get more tongue weight on that short little trailer.

skeettx
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:30 pm  Reply with quote

Wonderful
I also have a Do-ALL
Do you have to protect the arm and clays guide rods when you travel?
Thanks for the posting
Mike

JNW
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:41 pm  Reply with quote

Shooting wobble trap from a low gun position is the best practice there is for upland bird hunting. Nice setup.
Jeff
Riflemeister
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:08 pm  Reply with quote

skeettx wrote:
Wonderful
I also have a Do-ALL
Do you have to protect the arm and clays guide rods when you travel?
Thanks for the posting
Mike

If you mean protection from bouncing around and damaging something, I can just see the top of the clay guide rods out the rear window of my camper shell, and it rode pretty well. I was more concerned about the wobble attachment, but it looked to ride pretty smooth. If you mean protection from bugs and road trash, it tucks in fairly tightly behind this rig and nothing is going to get a clear shot at it.

fin2feather
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:40 am  Reply with quote

Nice! I have the Do-All with wobble attachment also but mounting it on the trailer is awesome!

Speaking of the Do-All, do you have any problems with the clays dropping? We sometimes have to poke the next one with a screwdriver to get it to drop.

I feel a warm spot in my heart when I meet a man whiling away an afternoon...and stopping to chat with him, hear the sleek lines of his double gun whisper "Sixteen." - Gene Hill, Shotgunner's Notebook
Riflemeister
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:27 am  Reply with quote

fin2feather wrote:
Nice! I have the Do-All with wobble attachment also but mounting it on the trailer is awesome!

Speaking of the Do-All, do you have any problems with the clays dropping? We sometimes have to poke the next one with a screwdriver to get it to drop.

The only problem I experience on clays dropping onto the tray is the last clay in the stack hangs up and won't drop.

The best move I made with my Aerial Assault was giving up on the chintzy Do-All foot switch and going with an industrial foot switch. It solved a whole slew of issues I was having with my thrower. The one I got was from Automation Direct, model APS1151-VO. It was about 40 bucks, compared to a thousand dollars plus on some of the MSC brands.