16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Planning a Wyoming-YNP-Nebraska Road Trip
hiplainsdrifter
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:32 pm  Reply with quote

Definitely the busiest time of year, and a busier year than usual with the eclipse. They expect Wyoming's population to double with the tourism influx. So temper your visions of solace and wilderness. I think that watching the eclipse in NE makes good sense, it as NE isn't exactly a tourist destination usually. I would definitely check out places to camp OUTSIDE of YNP, dispersed camping in BLM and USFS will be the way to go. Check out the area around Clarks Fork/Dead Indian Pass. For fishing, would check out Black Canyon in YNP, hopper bite should be on and good. There are a number of other streams in the area around YNP that will probably be less crowded, PM me for other suggestions. It is prime time for Golden trout if you are up for a hike, it would probably be crowded in the high country too but could backpack into the Winds, hard to imagine a prettier spot to watch the eclipse.
Dave in Maine
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:44 am  Reply with quote

I'd like to thank all the folks who gave suggestions. I value them and will keep them in mind.
Unfortunately, I'm cancelling the trip because I have to do some expensive work on my car and I just don't feel up to driving several thousand miles.
Thanks again!