16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Browning bps
Kevingoetaski
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:54 pm  Reply with quote

Hey guys. I have an old browning bps 20 gauge that I haven't shot in couple of years. I am currently looking for a slug barrel for it but not having any luck. If anyone has a website or anything other means of finding one it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

skeettx
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:41 pm  Reply with quote

No slug barrel yet
You do want the cantilever barrel???

http://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/BRNBPS2/BPSBBL20KIT

Mike

p.s.
FOUND ONE
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/667118739

HudsonHowitzer775
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:06 am  Reply with quote

Slug barrels for the 20 gauge are pricey to say the least. This is the cheapest I've seen it at $359.

http://www.midwestgunworks.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=111214621&Store_Code=mgwi

If you haven't shot it in awhile, you might consider setting it up with adjustable rib-mounted rifle sights and shoot rifled slugs out of it. Browning BPS shotguns also have a high rib that help in aiming the gun for slugs. I have a BPS 10 gauge that I tested some slugs in just using the rib to sight and at 50 yards it was minute of deer or minute of bear accurate.

I I have the 12 gauge BPS Stalker that I have a cantilever slug barrel for. I lucked out and found it used online very cheap ($150). That rifled slug barrel is VERY accurate with Hornady sabot slugs at 70 yards.

A new BPS 20 gauge shotgun with the rifled cantilever slug barrel runs about $652 on hinterlandoutfitters.com. From everything I have read about the Savage 220 shotgun (really a rifle that shoots shotgun slugs) in magazines and on forums, it is a great gun and very accurate. At around $500, it's a good value.

I looked into getting the slug barrel for my BPS 20 as well, but have decided, unless I find a used one around $200, I would just pick up a new gun rather than spend $359-$400 on just a barrel for a gun I already spent $600 on. No matter what, a BPS is not a $1,000 shotgun. If you don't use your 20 for anything else, just get the rib sights for it and shoot rifled slugs out of it at no more than 50 yds.

Hope this helped.