16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  WW primers?
skeettx
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:48 pm  Reply with quote

https://www.jnpgunsprings.com/

putz463
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:13 am  Reply with quote

[/quote]Does that 11-48 dish all types of hulls? Any other gun you aware of doing this? For a time I noticed dished brass with some cases but all shells were set aside in the same box no matter the gun from which fired.[/quote]

Sort of, very erratic condition, I think it boils down to a combo of the shells lip in the metal head being a little too thick and/or a bolt face/head-space issue. Guessing due to the violent nature of what goes on in that inertia system during a firing sequence is the proud metal head being mashed between the bolt face and barrel/chamber end and any extra hull metal flows into what is seen as the dished-in hull floor and into the bolts extractor inlet. When I get this and want to recondition those dished in hull bases I use a socket as an anvil and a craftsman 1/2" drive socket extension to drive out the dish-in condition. If I overdo the un-dishing usually the deprime or priming station irons that out. Also a primer pocket re-conditioner helps iron this out as well.

Winchester21
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:52 pm  Reply with quote

Adding to what 16gaugeguy said about Remington shells having hard primers causing FTF in other guns both my nephew and I used to have that problem with some of their 12 and 20 loads in our guns. He uses a 12ga Benelli Nova for everything. I use a variety of guns and action types in 12, 16, 20 and 28 gauges.
Lon
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:36 pm  Reply with quote

About 10 years ago I had some intermittent fail to fire issues with my 16 gauge Citori while using various factory ammo. Since it was happening with at least three different brands of ammo, I concluded it was the gun.

I replaced the firing pins and hammer springs myself with parts from J and P Springs as suggested by skeetx in a previous post.

Since replacing the parts I have had zero or so few FTF that I can't even recall any; regardless of whether using factory ammo or reloads.

It was the best do-it-yourself improvement to a gun I've ever done.

Lon

www.lonlauber.com