16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  2018 Sweet 16 Shoot
bobski
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 4:44 am  Reply with quote

any moment now, we will get reports of good times trickling in.
anyone home yet?

Range Owner: Vanzant Clay Pigeon Farm, Mo
double vision
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 5:23 am  Reply with quote

Sorry, no pictures from me, but it was too damned much fun to be fiddling with cameras!

The weather held, and it was pleasantly cool and cloudy. The shooting was great, especially that flurry. Black Belt, Cold Iron, and i just mopped up with three of the new SW16's hammering everything that moved. Geesh, Jeff, that flurry was fun!

The very best part was the camaraderie of reconnecting with the tribe. Good shotgun guys, who also love hunting, dogs, and everything that makes our world go round.
double vision
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 5:33 am  Reply with quote

I'll add I was pleased to see Ted Lundrigan won the bag of copper-plated shot I brought for a door prize!

I did OK walking away with 5 boxes of 16 gauge shells for my door prizes. Not bad!
JNW
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:08 am  Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for coming. It turned out to be a great day. I must thank our sponsors. RST again donated a case of ammunition. They’ve done this since we started this odyssey 5 years ago. The Tunnel of Trees SxS Shoot in northern Michigan also donated TWO cases of ammunition. Thanks, George! This is a wonderful shoot in an absolutely beautiful part of our country. I highly recommend it.

https://www.emmettunneloftrees.com

We also had several wonderful prizes donated by shooters. Thanks to all of you. We must be doing something right to have shooters not only pay to attend the shoot, but also bring gifts. Another testament to the quality of the people who attend. Thanks to all of you.
I also want to thank the new manager of SSP Gun Club, Tim Rossbach. Tim’s only been there for 2 weeks but has already displayed an ability to get things done. The club is in capable hands. I want to continue this shoot and keep it fun. The flurry was a blast - not the best for an extractor gun, but a great excuse to buy a pump or auto. For those who enjoy modern fire power the pumps and autos again had to shoot triples on the Sporting course. If you shoot a pump you better know how to run it! We had a burger and chili dog bar for lunch, so no reason to go away hungry. I’ll get some pics up later. I really enjoyed seeing old friends and meeting some new ones. We had 41 shooters this year, but more is better.
Looks like next year the shoot will be on Saturday, May 18th. This avoids Mothers Day, fishing opener and Memorial Day Weekend.
I also have some hats left. Three folks have already requested a hat, but I have more. They’re $20 shipped, so just send me moolah. PM me for my address. Again, thanks everyone for coming.
Regards,
Jeff Wiemann
Black Belt
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:00 am  Reply with quote

I had an amazing time again! Thanks so much, Jeff, for your hard work and all you do to put this event on! See you guys next year!
Cold Iron
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:26 am  Reply with quote

Thanks once again Jeff for putting this together and all the work you did to do so. Another great time, on all fronts! Now that I know the new Browning Sweet 16 fits me and how the grip feels, and finally found a SxS shotgun that works for me it was likely a very expensive outing. But not complaining Smile Good to see everyone again and put May 18 down on the calendar for next year.
bobski
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 9:30 am  Reply with quote

great to hear. kudos jeff. glad all went well.

fyi...if you want me to peddle any hats left over at the oct shoot in mo. send them down. ill put them in the display cabinet for you and collect the sales for you.

curious...did everyone who signed up show up? how many (at the doors) showed up?

kgb
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 12:32 pm  Reply with quote

The weather was about perfect, especially considering the early forecast. Some OFF! spray kept the bugs at bay, although I didn't see any buzzing squadmates, either. Very nice venue (always happy to shoot at a new club) and thanks for squadding me with two other M12 shooters, Jeff! Three different events gave opportunity to try 3 different guns (although any of them would have worked at any game).

It's good to see so many newer manufacture 16ga guns in the mix with the ancients. That's provided you count O/U as shotguns, which a number of folks apparently do!

bobski
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 1:04 pm  Reply with quote

we normally give an award for the farthest travelled. who would have won that award for your match?

Byron Whitlock
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 1:19 pm  Reply with quote

I traveled 652 miles to enjoy the shoot again his year
Had a good time shooting my LC Smith and was blessed to be put in a squad with a bunch of pump and auto shooters that don't reload so I got all the once fired cheddite hulls I could carry. next year I'll make it a point to bring a bigger bag for that Wink

CZ Ringneck
Win. Model 12
Rem M11
Stevens 235
Savage16
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 1:27 pm  Reply with quote

+1 on many thanks to Jeff for doing this again. Only complaint I can think of is the day just went way to fast.

studdog
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 3:56 am  Reply with quote

Jeff and all shooters, Another great shoot! Great targets and Good time all around. Weather was super. I made the most of my long drive by shooting a couple nice courses for warmup. Marsh Ridge and Rice Lake. Anyone coming a long way, It makes a nice trip to shoot a couple more days. Anyone needing more info on the Tunnel of Trees SXS this September please call. George Moilanen 906 493 5251.

JNW
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 8:28 am  Reply with quote

George,
Glad you got home safely. Eee gad, you either get up way early or stay up way late.
Jeff
studdog
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:03 pm  Reply with quote

Jeff, I was up early but not that early. Nice event again. I know how much time it takes to organize and execute. Great job Jeff. Thanks again. Get in shape to come to TOT again. George

MaximumSmoke
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:26 pm  Reply with quote

Jeff,

Thanks again for setting up this nice shoot. It's always a ton of fun. We didn't really get to shoot the pigeon ring last year because of the weather, but it was great fun this year, even without streamers, and the flurry was a blast for sure. Thanks all for coming -- what a great bunch of folks. Thanks also to my squad-mates; it was great shooting with you. Jeff, I hope you can do this again next year, and I hope those of you who missed this one can make it next year.

Cheers!
Tony