16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Wad catching choke?
WyoChukar
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:22 pm  Reply with quote

tramroad28 wrote:
Back in the 80s, or before, Ljutic’s trap gun offered a fixed choke with a series of ridges or rings thru the choke section in a thought to retarding passage of the wad.

Not sure if the option worked...as the gun itself was too ugly to purchase.

That's probably where L.P. Breezy ripped off the idea for his "Dead Ringer" choke tubes. That guy will find a way too promote anything that comes along. I remember him writing that the original Hevi-Shot (lumpy) didn't follow the same patterning rules as lead because it was "so heavy". It and magnum lead share the exact same density of 11.8 grams per cubic centimeter.

I can see pointing out the good points, but to use such an ignorant argument sure shot the heck out of his credibility. Not an isolated incident. The shame of all this is the fact that irresponsible reviews by some writers for the purpose of just selling stuff is precisely why there is so much confusion in the world of shotgun ammunition, chokes, etc.

putz463
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:51 am  Reply with quote

mike campbell wrote:
Ill buy some of those chokes soon as I sell some inventory and free up some cash.

Wow, haven't been able to find this at the grocery store in years. I can help with your cash flow issue but I don't care for the regular water flavored version, do you have any in grape flavor?

Dogchaser37
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:56 am  Reply with quote

I ask you, who is always there to post the right thing at the right time?.....and I give you Mr. Campbell!!

As always Mike you put things into perspective and make me laugh!!!

AmericanMeet
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:37 am  Reply with quote

putz463 wrote:
mike campbell wrote:
Ill buy some of those chokes soon as I sell some inventory and free up some cash.

Wow, haven't been able to find this at the grocery store in years. I can help with your cash flow issue but I don't care for the regular water flavored version, do you have any in grape flavor?

Back in 1978-9 there was a solar eclipse that covered the southern part of Washington State, including the Stonehenge reproduction. An enterprising fellow started up his canning machine and during the full darkness of the eclipse at Stonehenge, canned the darkness. I don't recall seeing any recently, but if you find a store that has dehydrated water, check alongside, you may also find canned solar eclipse darkness.
Hammer bill
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:50 am  Reply with quote

Well I thought pet rocks said it all. Then I seen prominent people and ignorant movie stars buying them.
mike campbell
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:53 pm  Reply with quote

Cool Wink