16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  FAIR Rizzini Iside
double vision
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:07 am  Reply with quote

I got another very positive shooting impressions report this morning from a buddy using his new Iside 16 on a western OK quail hunt.

I ordered mine in mid August and I was told to expect it in early December.

It's early December.

Very Happy

Still a month of bird hunting left up here.
Builder
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:02 pm  Reply with quote

You wouldn't be excited about it, would you?

double vision
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:42 pm  Reply with quote

Well, you know. New shotguns are about as good as it gets for old men.
Builder
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:28 pm  Reply with quote

I hear you!

UncleDanFan
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:27 pm  Reply with quote

Dave Erickson wrote:
Well, you know. New shotguns are about as good as it gets for old men.

What about old shotguns? Do they make old guys even older?

The man's prayer from the Red Green Show: "I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to. I guess."
double vision
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:31 pm  Reply with quote

They might! Especially if they need expensive repairs. I've retooled my lineup to mostly modern. My exposure to repairs is minimal as long as my Savage era Sterlingworth holds up.
CanoeMan
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:37 pm  Reply with quote

I purchased a 16 gauge basic Iside from John at Quality Arms in Houston the first part of this year. I have long arms so I was requesting a minimum 15" LOP, basic 16 ga model, and a max 6.0 pounds as I wanted it for grouse hunting at the other end of NC. Sure enough in about a month and a half he had two come in that would meet my specs. I chose the one he recommended with the best wood. The barrel regulation and POI was right on. Patterns were good. John weighed it at 6.0 pounds on his UPS scale. The LGS I received it from UPS scale said 6.05 pounds and the UPS Store UPS scale said 5.95 pounds. It fits me as good as any gun I have had. I notice that if I just throw it up to my shoulder it shoots where I look better than trying to "aim" down the rib. I have had Ruger, Browning, Charles Daley, Franchi, Rizzini, AYA, and Merkel double guns. This is only the third double gun I have owned with good regulation of maybe 20 doubles and the only double I currently own. I have heard the regulation of the FAIRs are consistent and not hit or miss. This is the third double from John at Quality Arms and every transaction has been supurb. He wants you to be happy.
Ptm
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:07 pm  Reply with quote

CanoeMan wrote:
I purchased a 16 gauge basic Iside from John at Quality Arms in Houston the first part of this year. I have long arms so I was requesting a minimum 15" LOP, basic 16 ga model, and a max 6.0 pounds as I wanted it for grouse hunting at the other end of NC. Sure enough in about a month and a half he had two come in that would meet my specs. I chose the one he recommended with the best wood. The barrel regulation and POI was right on. Patterns were good. John weighed it at 6.0 pounds on his UPS scale. The LGS I received it from UPS scale said 6.05 pounds and the UPS Store UPS scale said 5.95 pounds. It fits me as good as any gun I have had. I notice that if I just throw it up to my shoulder it shoots where I look better than trying to "aim" down the rib. I have had Ruger, Browning, Charles Daley, Franchi, Rizzini, AYA, and Merkel double guns. This is only the third double gun I have owned with good regulation of maybe 20 doubles and the only double I currently own. I have heard the regulation of the FAIRs are consistent and not hit or miss. This is the third double from John at Quality Arms and every transaction has been supurb. He wants you to be happy.
Great review, is there anything you’d change if you had to do it over? How do you find the balance and how is the recoil? Any intention of putting a butt pad on your Iside?
double vision
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:38 am  Reply with quote

Canoeman, thanks for the review. Hope mine agrees with me. I'm my mind it's slated for grouse/woodcock and a little range fun now and then.
Ray-citori
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:30 pm  Reply with quote

Dave, I don't what you're looking for but John has two in stock at Qualityarms.com

Other - SxS Shotguns
Fair Rizzini Iside - 16 ga. 26" choke tubes. Single Trigger. Here is a nice side by shotgun by a great Italian maker. The Fair company is the second largest gun maker today and still is a family run company. This gun is built on a true 16 ga frame. The action of the gun is done in a case colored finish. The two of the unique items of this one is that it has two upgraded options: the 26" barrels and the single selective trigger. A traditional upland gun with a straight stock and a splinter forearm.
New in the box! (1 1/2 x 2 1/2 x 14 1/2 * 6 lb.)
picture#1 | picture#2 | picture#3 | picture#4
Gun #LL-03-15
$1,845
Fair Rizzini Iside - 16 ga. 26" choke tubes. Here is a nice 16 ga side by side on it's own frame size. Fair is the second largest arms maker in Italy today, only behind Beretta. They are a family run business that takes pride in their work. It is hard to find a 16 ga on a true 16 ga frame, but you have one here. This gun was special ordered with a 26" barrel. Most makers are putting a 16 ga barrel on a 12 ga frame! A traditional upland gun with double triggers, straight stock and a splinter forearm. Nice wood with a hand rubbed oil finish. New in box. (1 1/2 x 2 1/2 x 15 * 6 lb. )
picture#1 | picture#2 | picture#3 | picture#4
Gun #LL-06-15
$1,695
double vision
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:14 pm  Reply with quote

Ray, thanks! I ordered one from John in August and it came in on his shipment last week. It just hasn’t made it here yet.
Cold Iron
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:43 pm  Reply with quote

Sounds like your Christmas present is going to make it on time Dave Very Happy

Taking off work tomorrow and headed to Horse and Hunt with Jon to shoot my Win 23 for the first time. He picked up a Win 21 last month. If the weather is decent and a place is open we need to get together this winter and shoot a couple of rounds. Besides I'd like to try that 30" Iside of yours, I loved the 28" I shot this spring. Oh wait I also shot your Sweet 16... and now I own one. Your a bad, or good, influence on me. I'm going to go with good Razz
double vision
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:18 pm  Reply with quote

Mike, we most definitely need to get together this winter and punch some primers. I’ll have the Iside, and I want to see your 23. I’d like to check out Jon’s 21, too.

Speaking of influences, I just boxed up a job for Briley. They said 2-3 weeks, so with the early closure of the grouse season in WI this year the “grouse wand” will have to wait for next year. Browning should hire us.

[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/poEBHTkoj] [/URL]
Cold Iron
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:31 pm  Reply with quote

Dave I KNEW what you were going to do with that barrel LOL. And great decision! Provided the 23 works well tomorrow the barrels will be in Texas sitting with yours, except I am just getting thinwalls installed. And need to send my Sweet 16 stock off to your stock guy to get converted to straight grip. There you go costing me money again... Very Happy He also is going to do some touchup on the wood\receiver mating surface of my 28" 37 RVD 16 ga. for me.

Briley already did the thinwalls.

You find something open to shoot over on the East Coast of the Miss. let me know and if at all possible I will be there. And I will do the same. Look forward to it!
double vision
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:29 pm  Reply with quote

Next week!