16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  Winchester 97
Two Pipe Shoot
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:48 pm  Reply with quote

I wish I had a 16/97 in full choke that weighed six pounds. Trying my best to last longer than Bill. Reno

16gaDavis
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:14 pm  Reply with quote

Hey ya ole coot , how've ya been . You've been gone so long , I thought something had happened !! I hope NOT !! Been a really weird summer this yr . Had a great 2mos with the youth trap kids - 51 at our club . Was In pretty good shape then . Was cleaning up a bin of cans and as I was carrying it , hooked it into the picnic table and knocked me on my ASS ! Didn't really hurt anything in particular , but knocked everything from my past loose . Back neck and knee . Haven't been able to get in gear since . Coincidently , the recoil from the guns was knocking all kinda hell on my teeth . Had to stop shooting for a while . Am using monte stock pads , upright positions and really lite loads and am coming back . Don't dare go heavy yet !! The pink and red Panthers are starting to get some heavier use .... The last gun I believe I bought was a 16 M97 on GB . Was chasing a round body hammer gun and run into the Winnie cheap . Put a bid on it - lost the wide body , won the Winnie I think 132 bucks . 2nd gen model - quite solid but a little rough in the bore . nick made me a barrel polisher and it's Ok now . Has a weird double choke where I polished the barrel down to , but just shoots even a little tighter ! Have to give you a call sometime soon - be good !

Two Pipe Shoot
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:35 pm  Reply with quote

Sold! We’ll settle that one next visit. Sorry to hear about your ailments cause I’m more interested in hearing about Molly. Reno