16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  Winchester Model12-16GA and MEC 400 Reloader
Zymurgist
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:51 pm  Reply with quote

Dave in AZ,
RIMS system in the 90's? Way ahead of your time... a pioneer in home brewing from what I understand. I didn't think all grain brewing was all that common back then due to lack of ingredients. Very impressive!
Zymurgist
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:28 pm  Reply with quote

Update:
I took my 81 year old dad out this past weekend to shoot the 16 ga. he "willed" to me. Keep in mind that he hasn't shot this gun for nearly 40 yrs (except for shooting it into the air occasionally on New Year's Eve), so he was thrilled with the invitation. My two boys and one of my brothers joined us. He had given me a box of clay pigeons and a handheld launcher that he had in storage. I thought we would try shooting them along with stationary targets. He wasn't interested in shooting the stationary targets, he wanted to shoot pigeons! After a few failed launches, I was able to get the clay pigeon airborne. We were all so proud and amazed at the "old guy". He nailed the first three pigeons I was able to launch. After that, unfortunately, one of the spent shells jammed and I couldn't get it out. That gun was done for the day. Fortunately, I brought my 12 ga. shotgun and he shot that a few times before he said he had enough. He shot my 9 mm pistol and .357 revolver too. He missed the target (kill zone) a few times, but hit it more often than not at 25 ft. A thunderstorm cut our day short out in the field, but we all went back to my house for a nice smoked chicken dinner with the rest of the family and a few home brews. All in all, a great day.