16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns Wanted or For Sale  ~  Case 16ga.com Knife
double vision
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:23 pm  Reply with quote

We did a group buy on these years ago here at 16ga.com. Here's your chance to get one. This one has just sat and has never been used. It's a Case brand complete with gut-hook!

$75.00 shipped

[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/plz9Ip5xj] [/URL]
fn16ga
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:08 pm  Reply with quote

Dave , I'll take it , I've got, kinda of, a gut hook knife collection . Let me know where to send payment.

Thanks , Mark
double vision
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:26 pm  Reply with quote

Sold to a good guy named Mark!

Thanks, Mark!

PM coming
fin2feather
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:29 pm  Reply with quote

Glad a good guy got it. I was broke as a dude ranch pony when those came out and wasn't able to get one; tried later but no one wanted to sell one. I was able to find a Case stag handled knife just like it but no 16ga logo. I have a thing for them, even though I don't use them; I have a Case, a Buck, a Winchester, a Remington and a Western Very Happy . Enjoy it!

I feel a warm spot in my heart when I meet a man whiling away an afternoon...and stopping to chat with him, hear the sleek lines of his double gun whisper "Sixteen." - Gene Hill, Shotgunner's Notebook
Cold Iron
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:38 pm  Reply with quote

Glad to see this went to a good home. Over in Bradford Pa. Case knives and Zippo lighters pretty much were the economy in the 60's and 70's, likely still are. Dated a girl that went to University of Pitt at the Bradford Extension back then for nursing, helped her delivery Pizza which was the 3rd best thing to support the local economy. Have Zippo lighters from every ship I was stationed on engraved on the brass exterior. With extra flints stored under the bottom felt liner.

Used my Case knives for everything from cutting packing glands to scraping flanges on machinery. Would work the top rivet loose so that it would open with a flick of the wrist. And in a few minutes could get the blade sharp enough to shave with. Never got into the gut hook thing, but Bravo Zulu to those that did. Olean NY less than half an hour away can have their Cutco knives, they are not up to speed compared to the Case IMO. Especially compared to the price LOL.
double vision
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:37 am  Reply with quote

Cold Iron wrote:
Glad to see this went to a good home. Over in Bradford Pa. Case knives and Zippo lighters pretty much were the economy in the 60's and 70's, likely still are. Dated a girl that went to University of Pitt at the Bradford Extension back then for nursing, helped her delivery Pizza which was the 3rd best thing to support the local economy. Have Zippo lighters from every ship I was stationed on engraved on the brass exterior. With extra flints stored under the bottom felt liner.

Used my Case knives for everything from cutting packing glands to scraping flanges on machinery. Would work the top rivet loose so that it would open with a flick of the wrist. And in a few minutes could get the blade sharp enough to shave with. Never got into the gut hook thing, but Bravo Zulu to those that did. Olean NY less than half an hour away can have their Cutco knives, they are not up to speed compared to the Case IMO. Especially compared to the price LOL.

Good stuff, Mike! Thanks for sharing.
fn16ga
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:38 am  Reply with quote

Dave Erickson wrote:
Sold to a good guy named Mark!

Thanks, Mark!

PM coming

Thanks Dave !