16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  *UPDATE: ITS A GO!* Case Knife for 2019 *CHECK PAGE 8!!*
double vision
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:06 am  Reply with quote

I ordered the Wood Duck. Wish I hunted quail because I like the looks of that one, too.
nwmac
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:34 pm  Reply with quote

I apologize for this but I have to pass on the knife. The reason is that the purple shell logo just does not do it for me. I had hoped that the classic 16ga logo would be used, etched in black, stand alone, without additional ornamentation. Please do not take this as a negative comment on the item being offered, its just not for me. Its a great knife selection and I feel badly about stepping aside on this one as I know a lot of hard work went into making this happen.
putz463
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:20 am  Reply with quote

nwmac wrote:
I apologize for this but I have to pass on the knife. The reason is that the purple shell logo just does not do it for me. I had hoped that the classic 16ga logo would be used, etched in black, stand alone, without additional ornamentation. Please do not take this as a negative comment on the item being offered, its just not for me. Its a great knife selection and I feel badly about stepping aside on this one as I know a lot of hard work went into making this happen.

Hmmm, for what its worth, the 16 Gauge Society logo is superimposed in the shell. The logo is in the proofing/clean up stage in Case' art dept. It can't hurt to ask if your knife could be pulled from the purple swipe stage of production and left bare (assume black/brown) laser engraved. The custom folks at Case give me the impression of being open to requests within reason. Would you like me to ask this of them?

fin2feather
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:12 am  Reply with quote

I love Case knives but I'm just not a fan of that particular one. I've had a couple of Trappers and they just didn't stick around for some reason. I thought about buying one anyway just because, but then I looked at the pile of folders I already have and just can't justify it. As stated above this is not a criticism; thanks for the hard work of all who put this together and I hope everyone enjoys their knife.

I feel a warm spot in my heart when I meet a man whiling away an afternoon...and stopping to chat with him, hear the sleek lines of his double gun whisper "Sixteen." - Gene Hill, Shotgunner's Notebook
nwmac
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:24 am  Reply with quote

Putz, That's a good idea. If they can pull one out of the production line with just the 16 ga logo. No harm in asking. Lets see what happens.
putz463
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:40 am  Reply with quote

nwmac wrote:
Putz, That's a good idea. If they can pull one out of the production line with just the 16 ga logo. No harm in asking. Lets see what happens.

As it turns out the engraving leaves a clean indentation in the bone, not like the laser work I'm familiar with leaving a burned impression. So, unfortunately doing this wont work out, BUT, their art dept gave us a couple options of what they thought will look and work best in their process. 1 of the options is what you were hoping for.

With these final proofs in hand I'll put a poll together and let the forum decide what is liked best and we will run with that.

ShowMeSon
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:00 pm  Reply with quote

Thanks, Putz.
rdja
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:41 pm  Reply with quote

Ordered wood duck, I’ll be fine with whatever 16ga logo is decided on.
Nate
putz463
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:30 pm  Reply with quote

Knife update, looking forward to ordering the knives Tuesday 9.3.19. Seems pretty obvious which logo and color it's going to be. Total donations to support this wonderful forum to date $110, pretty neat stuff.

If wanting to order a knife, you can visit the link below

http://www.mobrikllc.com/

Take care,

dap
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:27 pm  Reply with quote

I hadn't commented earlier in the thread, but just ordered a wood duck from the site.
robp
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:19 pm  Reply with quote

I have to agree with NWMAC I'm out
Not my cup of tea. I really liked the original
putz463
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:50 pm  Reply with quote

UPDATE; knives ordered, ~3-4 week lead time, $125 donated to perpetuate our forum. Final art/logo proof in Black. Looking forward to sending them out to everyone.

[URL=http://www.jpgbox.com/page/57892_600x400/] [/URL]

MSM2019
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:56 pm  Reply with quote

Great job, thank you very much!!!

rdja
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:57 pm  Reply with quote

Excellent !!!!!
dannypratt
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:34 pm  Reply with quote

Better than I could have ever imagined!!!

Fantastic job!!!