16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  *UPDATE: ITS A GO!* Case Knife for 2019 *CHECK PAGE 8!!*
MSM2019
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:16 am  Reply with quote

Hammer Bill,

No gut hook. Which for me is OK, Had one and I didn't think much of it.

putz463
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:12 am  Reply with quote

Gentlemen, as it turns out there aren't enough orders (at this point) to place a custom run again with Case. We are short on knife orders by 20 and sheath orders by 15.

Since I'm doing this basically as a labor of love and not making an industry of it and life is busy with business + with hunting and fishing seasons overlapping I need to make a decision on whether to let it ride for a little while longer or stick to my plan and call it a done deal.

So, keeping with the forum/democratic theme; is there any further interest in more sheaths or knives or should I call it a day?

Any info appreciated, thanks, Mike

putz463
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:26 am  Reply with quote

A deafening silence, got it. Refunding PP payments and sending un-deposited checks back.

My bad, IF it ever happens again NOTE* make the sheath available with the knife orders. Rolling Eyes

Been an interesting and fun project. Back to reading weather patterns and wind directions Very Happy Take care...

fn16ga
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:04 am  Reply with quote

putz , NO BAD ON YOUR PART, I know we all here really appreciate all your hard work , so thank you again for putting this all together .

I did order a sheath and would have ordered a couple more knives if we could have got them with the purple this time .

BTW , I use one of mine as daily carry knife , I really like this style of knife .

Mark
MSM2019
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:46 am  Reply with quote

Call it a day Brother. Thanks for all your hard work. I love my knife!!

eng-pointer
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:33 am  Reply with quote

I have a friend who is a blacksmith and just retired and makes custom knives. I have had several knives made and often use them as presents for landowners who let me hunt. If people are interested I will get some pics together and rough prices. We would not need a fixed order size as all his knives are hand made custom. His damascus knives are gorgeous and you could choose a blade style, length, etc. If there is interest let me know. Please PM me as well so it is easy to keep a count on interest. Obviously we would need to secure permission to use the 16ga logo as well. You'll have to forgive me as I have not been following this line of posts so if I am stepping on toes let me know.

James

"My degree of optimism is negotiated daily" Bill Snyder, Former Head Football Coach, Kansas State University
dannypratt
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:41 pm  Reply with quote

Putz,

NICELY DONE SIR!!!

Thank you for making this a reality...the knives are wonderful! Bummer on the sheaths, it would have been nice to have one with the knife (as I understand your post, there weren't enough sheath orders to enable the order to be placed? I think that's right).

You've done a WONDERFUL job, and a thank you isnt really quite enough.

My offer of a steak dinner still stands. Redeemable at any time, travelling doesnt bother me a bit!

Thanks again, and I must repeat....EXCELLENT WORK!

FallCreekFan
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:46 pm  Reply with quote

Putz, on this Thanksgiving eve just wanted to say thanks to you for your labor of love with the knives. They are wonderful and your work is much appreciated.
Happy Thanksgiving.
67galaxie
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:38 am  Reply with quote

Count me in
Riflemeister
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:16 am  Reply with quote

I still feel bad about missing out on the first buy, but it was my own danged fault for not paying enough attention to this thread. I was dealing with a bird dog surgery/recovery issue at the time and just assumed that by stating early on I wanted in, I'd get notification on making payment and all that stuff. I did make payment on the second buy, but got my refund a bit ago. If there is a third attempt, I will definitely be in there. Putz, you've gone far above and beyond what we should expect another member of this forum to do and I do appreciate your honest attempt at a second buy. Maybe some day in the future it will all come together again and you can bet I'll pay more attention.

putz463
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:00 am  Reply with quote

Good fun stuff, AGAIN, my pleasure bringing DP's shove from the dock in to sound moorings. Maybe try it again some day....

double vision
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:55 am  Reply with quote

You did a great job with it, Putz!

A future consideration:

The 16ga.com item I have gotten the most use out of is the black bag with the logo. It holds all my shotgun accessories and goes along to the range and every hunt.

[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/pnuiJwRHj] [/URL]
Cheesy
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:06 am  Reply with quote

Dave Erickson wrote:
You did a great job with it, Putz!

A future consideration:

The 16ga.com item I have gotten the most use out of is the black bag with the logo. It holds all my shotgun accessories and goes along to the range and every hunt.

[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/pnuiJwRHj] [/URL]

Your post made me sad because of that uplanders.com sticker. I’ve got the same one on my gunsafe. My all time favorite blaze hat came from them and it is starting to show it’s age but they’ve sadly been out of business for several years Sad
double trigger
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:51 am  Reply with quote

I’m interested if there is ANY way to obtain one of these
Knives. I indicated I was interested when the topic and now realize I was out of the country and out of touch when the orders were finalized.

The knives look great!

Thanks,

Doug
double trigger
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:51 am  Reply with quote

I’m interested if there is ANY way to obtain one of these
Knives. I indicated I was interested when the topic and now realize I was out of the country and out of touch when the orders were finalized.

The knives look great!

Thanks,

Doug