16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  Instinct SL
Ray-citori
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:21 am  Reply with quote

Don't want anyone to expose any deep dark secrets, the folks at Franchi sure aren't, but are the choke tubes for the 16 ga. SL the same as the ones used in the Fair shotguns? When I sent a request to Franchi all I received was the run around
Thanks
putz463
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:27 am  Reply with quote

Trulock has a reasonably comprehensive interchange list. If you can't find exactly what you're looking for on it maybe give them a shout.

https://trulockchokes.com/choke_interchange_list.html

Bill K
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:25 am  Reply with quote

Not sure how you made out with obtaining correct fitting choke tubes - but I've encountered this problem myself.

What I've gotten into the habit of doing when I buy choke tubes is I remove one of the choke tubes I have, take a couple up close-up pictures with my iPhone (ones that show detail of the threading), then take an overall length measurement of the choke tube - then send them to the customer service person I'm working with. Between the detailed photo and overall length dimension - it works every time !
TripleH
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:02 am  Reply with quote

Ray,

I had one of the Franchi Instinct's in 20 gauge, I'm pretty sure the aftermarket chokes I got for it were from a Benelli, which makes sense based on what I understand of the ownership of Bettonsoli/Franchi being under the Benelli umbrella. Problem being that Benelli doesn't offer a 16 gauge so I don't know if that avenue would work/help.

I know a number of guys here have the FAIR Iside, (myself included) - maybe hook up with someone and ship one of your tubes over for a fit test? Or just exchange some detailed photos with measurements as mentioned here?

I'd be happy to help if I can. I did find that the new Iside tubes are interchangeable with my NEA 16, which was a pleasant surprise - although not really that remarkable as they are both FAIR products.

Rob
Cold Iron
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:38 am  Reply with quote

TripleH wrote:
Ray,

I had one of the Franchi Instinct's in 20 gauge, I'm pretty sure the aftermarket chokes I got for it were from a Benelli, which makes sense based on what I understand of the ownership of Bettonsoli/Franchi being under the Benelli umbrella. Problem being that Benelli doesn't offer a 16 gauge so I don't know if that avenue would work/help.

I know a number of guys here have the FAIR Iside, (myself included) - maybe hook up with someone and ship one of your tubes over for a fit test? Or just exchange some detailed photos with measurements as mentioned here?

I'd be happy to help if I can. I did find that the new Iside tubes are interchangeable with my NEA 16, which was a pleasant surprise - although not really that remarkable as they are both FAIR products.

Rob

It gets even more complicated, Beretta owns Benelli and therefore Franchi so for Franchi's made after the late 1990's (don't recall the exact date) the Beretta\Benelli Mobil chokes interchange. But only on the 12 ga. and 20 ga. Franchi's.

The 16, 28 and 410 choke tubes are made by FAIR who makes the Technichoke. Near as I can tell FAIR has been making choke tubes under the Technichoke label for quite awhile. Got lucky with my NEA 16 and the previous owner had a bunch of tubes for it, along with a second bbl. in 30". But they don't make a 16 ga. Skeet choke for whatever reason.

Dickinson does not make a skeet choke or LM either, even in the 12 ga. I just had Briley make me 2 SK and 2 LM tubes for my Pacific Sporting Arms Dickinson Plantation Sporter. There is always Briley for bore matched constrictions if you can't find what you want.
Ken
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:55 am  Reply with quote

Ya finding choke tubes is harder than find the gun. I emailed several tube manufactures with no luck. I also contacted Basil Slaughter, he is a FAIR certified gunsmith, all he told me was that if the threads were the same FAIR choke will fit. If I get the chance I might take a trip to Lion Country Supply they are a FAIR dealer and check out choke tubes. Ill call first to make sure the have 16ga guns in house.