16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  SXS Configuration
Riflemeister
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:32 am  Reply with quote

Pine Creek/Dave wrote:
Riflemeister,

Cure your problem with a DT L.C. Smith ejector double gun, they work correctly every time. I tolerate a SST gun for shooting Clays, not for Grouse & Woodcock hunting however.

I always tease about using the right gun for the right job, it's not a joke when your gun while not fire as numerous birds are flushing all around you. God only provides so many opportunities in a mans life time, to gun his wild birds. Choose your bird gun wisely.

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

Pigeon Grade Guns are always nice

I solve it by using my mechanical trigger guns on wild birds where delayed covey flushes are likely to be an issue. For preserve birds or clay shooting it really is not an issue and I just use any of the guns that looks neglected in my safe.

Pine Creek/Dave
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:50 pm  Reply with quote

Riflemeister,

Yes the mechanical SST is another way to correct the problem, I have a few of these SST guns in my collection and they do work perfectly, instant choke selection with gloves on is tricky. Each to his own however!

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

If you like SST double guns, this is a nice one to own. The old under mounted selective slide does work nicely.

Pine Creek Grouse Dog Trainers
Riflemeister
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:46 pm  Reply with quote

Pine Creek/Dave wrote:
Riflemeister,

Yes the mechanical SST is another way to correct the problem, I have a few of these SST guns in my collection and they do work perfectly, instant choke selection with gloves on is tricky. Each to his own however!

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

If you like SST double guns, this is a nice one to own. The old under mounted selective slide does work nicely.

Very nice indeed, though I'd be afraid to drag that through a briar patch after bobwhite.