16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  solving whippy barrel in m12 16 ga
Slidehammer
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:18 pm  Reply with quote

Terry Imai wrote:
A model 12 has such classic lines that putting a Cutts Comp on it is like putting plastic rims on a vintage sports care.
Good luck

Plastic rims?? Plastic rims?? Surely you jest!! You must have meant wire wheels?

Few things will traverse the Skeet field as well as a Model 12 Cutts gun with the "Spreader" tube on board! Ugly it may be, but you never miss....

I know for a fact that years ago a duck club banned Cutts Compensators from hunting because someone started the rumor that they could set the blinds on fire!! See how a "bad name" can get started?

I doubt you could get a better Skeet gun now that I think about it.... Unless it was a Cutts barreled Remington 31 in the back seat of your dual carb Hudson Hornet driving to the Skeet field way back when...... Yep, back when the Cutts was king..!!!

Slidehammer
Setterchaser
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:46 pm  Reply with quote

Sad

Golfswithwolves....only when the fingers are cold and stiff will this little M12 16 ga pass along to another human...it may well be along side me in the casket with my 4 wt flyrod. I love my kids but not enough to leave the 16 ga to them. Probably just shoot the dickens out of it as is and (finally) develop decent shotgunning skils and see if I can take it with me to the happy hunting grounds. (don't you like the idea of going to "happy hunting grounds"...some cultures really got their religion right).