16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Nikon warrantee / repair
mcrewz
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:56 pm  Reply with quote

So I dropped my Nikon binoculars off of my bench onto the garage floor getting ready for teal season. No exterior damage, but the two lenses are no longer lined up and wont focus at the same time.

Sent an email to Nikon asking about a repair, not expecting much. But I got a reply within 2 hours and apparently on scopes and binoculars (non electrical) there is an unlimited lifetime warranty, no fault, no questions asked, no proof of purchase needed. It appears that shipping both ways will be free also.

Going to send them off tomorrow. I will update as to how the process unfolds. So far so good though.
Chicago
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:02 pm  Reply with quote

That’s great to see a company stand behind their product.

Good Hunting,
Mike
browningsweet161977
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:10 pm  Reply with quote

That is very good to hear, I guess I wouldn't have expected that but what a great surprise!

Browning citori grade 6 28" 16 gauge
Square Load
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:38 pm  Reply with quote

Bought a pair of Nikon Monarchs at the local pawn shop last summer for very little money. After I had them for a while I noticed the twist out eye cups were both cracked, one badly. Had not noticed this before since i wear glasses and never twist them out. Sent them to Nikon a couple weeks ago and received a letter a couple days ago saying they were being fixed under warranty free of charge. Very Happy Shocked
Very surprising since I am not the original owner and do not have a sales receipt.

Current 16ga. Stable

Browning Citori Gr I
Browning Belgium Sweet 16
A.H. Fox Sterlingworth
Remington 11-48
Remington 31
Remington 870
Geco/J.P. Sauer BLNE
Winchester Mod 12
eng-pointer
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:32 am  Reply with quote

My experience with Nikon is exactly the opposite. My wife is a professional photographer and has used Nikon equipment for the last 25+ years. Of course now cameras are more computer than mechanical and we have had endless issues with the software aspects of the cameras especially the focus features. I do not begin to understand all the complexities but Nikon has been anything but helpful. At one point, once it was out of warranty, they just gave up fixing a camera and told her to buy a new one. Given that these cameras are in the 8K range I was not impressed. They did tell her one time that they were a optics company not a camera company and we have not had trouble with her lenses at all so there you go.

James

"My degree of optimism is negotiated daily" Bill Snyder, Former Head Football Coach, Kansas State University
mcrewz
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:22 pm  Reply with quote

Update. So I did have to pay shipping to send the binos to Nikon, but I got the binoculars back and either they couldn’t fix them or it was cheaper just to send out new ones. But a brand new set of binoculars arrived at my door today. Pretty top notch service for an accident that was my fault.

Mike