16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  525 sporting value
Lewis295
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:31 pm  Reply with quote

I've seen a couple pop up from time to time, but what is the value of one of the 525 Sporting Citoris? It looks like there both 30 and 32" barrels available. I recently came across one somewhat local, for what seems like a good price. I just don't need it....
fyd16
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:24 am  Reply with quote

I have had a 32" 16 ga. 525 Sporting for a long time so, I am interested in the responses to your question. It seems like the 525 sportings in general are very desirable and priced accordingly. I have seen 12 ga. going for around 2K and sub-gages even higher. While you are appealing to a smaller crowd, the 16 ga. is very rare and commands a significant premium. I have seen people asking $2700 - 3K for the 16 ga. guns. Of course, condition and how bad you want it should determine what you would be willing to pay.

These are great target guns. Mine would be the last gun I would consider selling. Could be a good investment if the price is right or at worst a fun conversation piece.

rkittine
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:14 am  Reply with quote

I paid $3,000 for my NIB 16 Gauge 525 Sporting. The original retail price sticker was still on the box. Full price when new was $2,895.00 from that store. 30" Barrels. They were made in 28, 30 and 32 depending on what run. I added some chokes and a Browning Leather and Canvas hard case. Love it.

Since then I have tracked down two other ones for people. Both also 30" Barrels and one brought $4,400 and then other $4,000.

Bob

16 Gauge O/U Browning 525 Sporting
16 Gauge SxS Rizzini Islide
16 Gauge Pump Browning BPS Upland
16 Gauge Semi-Auto Remington 1100 Sporting