16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  Any new 16 gauge guns planned for 2020?
double vision
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:25 am  Reply with quote

I did my latest damage in the last couple years with the acquisition of my 16 gauge Iside and AyA, and I have my old but gold Rem. 11 still in the safe. Presently working on getting the AyA to fit like my Iside (which surpassed shooting expectations).

How about you, any 16 gauge pickups planned for 2020?
Riflemeister
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:47 am  Reply with quote

I've got my 16 ga Fausti DEA fitted finally after several stock bending sessions (a chubby butt stock required more than 3/8" castoff) and now it just hammers birds. I have been trolling the Rizzini websites trying to figure out how to get another nice Italian SXS with the single trigger, POW stock and semi-beavertail forend I prefer. If that comes to fruition, I could see another 16 ga SXS in my future. I have made the mistake of going to the CDNN website and now have a Dickinson sidelock (H&H 7 pin style) with 30" barrels, POW stock, and single trigger on it's way, unfortunately in 12 ga though.

hayseed
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:28 pm  Reply with quote

Riflemeister wrote:
I have made the mistake of going to the CDNN website and now have a Dickinson sidelock (H&H 7 pin style) with 30" barrels, POW stock, and single trigger on it's way, unfortunately in 12 ga though.

Shame, shame.
double vision
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:16 pm  Reply with quote

12 gauge is forgivable. 20 gauge is a crime.
skeettx
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:30 pm  Reply with quote

They are all my favorite shotguns Smile

10, 12, 16, 20, 24, 28, 32, and 410

What fun, what fun

Mike

kgb
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:19 pm  Reply with quote

Actually, none! Kinda feels good to be on the wagon, spent this past year getting 12's 20's and a 28ga, then releasing some of them back into the wild.

16'er
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:34 pm  Reply with quote

kgb wrote:
Actually, none! Kinda feels good to be on the wagon, spent this past year getting 12's 20's and a 28ga, then releasing some of them back into the wild.

I hear you. Bought three 12’s last year. One is in n consignment now. Still hunting for a waterfowl gun. Might end up cerakoting one of the other two twelves, but not certain yet. The iside 12ga is still lurking in the back of my mind as the definitive uplanders duck gun. Have ahaRd time cerakoting a $1400 double, but there I am..

As far as sixteens, a hammerless Sauer is still on the list.
UncleDanFan
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:02 pm  Reply with quote

Always. I have a Husky 103CS 16 hammer gun arriving Tuesday. Buy and sell, buy and sell, and keep the ones you can't live without. Wink

The man's prayer from the Red Green Show: "I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to. I guess."
double trigger
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:14 pm  Reply with quote

Yes - just yesterday traded off a 12 ga for a new to me 16 ga Citori (see my post in this forum). Really excited about my new 16 - love it!
buckmark
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:52 am  Reply with quote

Like a fool i sold both my Citori 16’s last year, part of my ill conceived plan to ‘master one gun’. That gun being a Rizzini Round Body 20. Needless to say I’m going through 16 withdrawals now, but have found a Gran Lightning 16 still sitting on a dealers shelf. Not the sexiest Gran wood I’ve seen but when its essentially the only new unsold Citori 16 left in the country, you cant be picky about the wood. So, here I set wondering if i want to get back into 16’s......

Cold Iron
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:20 pm  Reply with quote

Riflemeister wrote:
I've got my 16 ga Fausti DEA fitted finally after several stock bending sessions (a chubby butt stock required more than 3/8" castoff) and now it just hammers birds. I have been trolling the Rizzini websites trying to figure out how to get another nice Italian SXS with the single trigger, POW stock and semi-beavertail forend I prefer. If that comes to fruition, I could see another 16 ga SXS in my future. I have made the mistake of going to the CDNN website and now have a Dickinson sidelock (H&H 7 pin style) with 30" barrels, POW stock, and single trigger on it's way, unfortunately in 12 ga though.

I keep checking the FAIR and IFG website and hoping to somehow come up with a single trigger, POW, semi beavertail Iside like you but don't see it happening. Not really interested in spending the money for a B. Rizzini SxS but I do have 2 B. Rizzini target guns in 12 ga.

I also picked up a 12 ga. Dickinson last year from Pacific Sporting Arms. Plantation Sporter with 32" barrels for targets and put an adjustable comb and ISIS recoil system on it.

I only have one 20 ga. gun a Winchester 23 and been thinking of picking up another 20 ga. but not sure what yet. I may be set on 16 ga. guns for awhile, have more of them then any other ga. Until that FAIR 16 ga. gun finally comes out that I desire, if it ever does.
UncleDanFan
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:14 pm  Reply with quote

Quote:
I also picked up a 12 ga. Dickinson last year from Pacific Sporting Arms. Plantation Sporter with 32" barrels for targets and put an adjustable comb and ISIS recoil system on it.

How do you like your Dickinson as a clays gun?

The man's prayer from the Red Green Show: "I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to. I guess."
Cold Iron
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:48 pm  Reply with quote

UncleDanFan wrote:
Quote:

So far I like it very much. My Winchester 23 broke down on me last summer and I ended up having to use the Dickinson for the Duluth Double Gun shoot. The 2 of us are still getting "acquainted" but I did average with it. I don't really like shooting average LOL but it is a start. And haven't had any issues with it to date.
UncleDanFan
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:26 am  Reply with quote

Cold Iron wrote:
UncleDanFan wrote:
Quote:

So far I like it very much. My Winchester 23 broke down on me last summer and I ended up having to use the Dickinson for the Duluth Double Gun shoot. The 2 of us are still getting "acquainted" but I did average with it. I don't really like shooting average LOL but it is a start. And haven't had any issues with it to date.

Good to know. I was looking at your gun on the Pacific Sporting Arms site, and they look very similar to a CZ sharptail. Same forend and receiver from what I can tell. Am I correct on that? If so, the sharptail is less than half the cost. I've been thinking about getting a dedicated clays gun with tubes. I have a heavy Lefever 12, but it's choked f/f, and I don't want to put tubes in it.

Cold Iron
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:37 pm  Reply with quote

UncleDanFan wrote:
Good to know. I was looking at your gun on the Pacific Sporting Arms site, and they look very similar to a CZ sharptail. Same forend and receiver from what I can tell. Am I correct on that? If so, the sharptail is less than half the cost. I've been thinking about getting a dedicated clays gun with tubes. I have a heavy Lefever 12, but it's choked f/f, and I don't want to put tubes in it.

Hey Mark first I want to thank you again for the great work you did on my Sweet 16. It is now the perfect grouse gun and this last season was one of the best ever. At least shot to harvest ratio. I couldn't be more pleased! With bird numbers being down that helped, a lot.

The CZ guns are made by Huglu and Pacific Sporting Arms guns are made by Akus and imported through Dickinson. The Akus (Dickinson) guns are most definitely made to a higher standard but also reflect that in price. Dickinson also makes SxS guns for SKB and the SKB 200HR is a boxlock target, with standard wood instead of upgraded wood. https://www.skbshotguns.com/shotguns/200hr-target

Dickinson announced a year ago that the 16 ga. would be available in the Plantation model in 16 ga. however currently you would have to custom order it from Dickinson. It is the SRX.

My PSA Dickinson has been rock solid and you don't hear much bad about them. It is a non selective single trigger which is not an issue for me. Had Briley bore match 2 Skeet tubes and 2 LM for sporting and it works fine. The case colors are real bone and charcoal Turnbull restorations sent someone to the Akus factory for half a year to teach them how to do it.

By chance I also have a CZ 16 ga. sharptail I picked up last year through the CZ Mil\LE program at a pretty good discount. CZ sent a pro shooter a couple of years ago to the Duluth Double Gun shoot and he cleaned house with a Sharptail Target 12 ga.

CZ customer support is great. I noticed that mine was piercing primers couple of weeks after I got it and contacted them. They sent me a shipping label and I had it back in 3 weeks with no more pierced primers. After shooting it enough realized the triggers were really heavy and had a lot of creep. Things that I had not ever had an issue with on any of my other guns to date. I occasionally shoot with John Singer and he took care of both those issues for me plus put on a decent recoil pad for me, all at a more than reasonable price. Much better now.

The Sharptail in 16 is 7.5 lbs. it is based on a 12 ga. frame but is a good clays gun, swings very well for me. I would assume the CZ target would also especially with the longer 30" bbls. The 16 is fixed IC and Mod chokes which is fine with me for Sporting Clays. I took it out on 2 short walks last fall and shot at 3 grouse. And harvested all 3 I really don't have any complaints about the CZ. Isn't the best looking up close IMO especially the poor staining job and finish. But then again is a lot cheaper in price then the Dickinson or SKB 200HR. A number of people have put quite a few rounds through their sharptails without issue. And if you do have an issue CZ support has been responsive.

Hope that helps.