One round of trap with Rem 1100 in 16 gauge
A fun morning

Tomorrow, indoor pistol range
Kimber 1911 45ACP
Custom 1911 in 9mm
S&W 28 6" with 38 Spec ammo

Thursday going fishing at Lake Meredith. Walleyes
Friday is yet to be planned, depending on the weather

All this will just a few folks and distancing.

Mike

Mike

Last edited by skeettx on Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
3birddogs
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:41 pm  Reply with quote

Yesterday:
Cast and blast: Turkey tagged at 6:54, then sat there enjoying the morning with a thermos of coffee and baggie of oatmeal raisin cookies. Sun warmed up a bit and brought home a stringer of crappies and bluegills from the farm pond.
Mike, our gun ranges here are all closed here. Was going to spend my birthday at the Southern SXS, now that's a bust. Hausmanns NE SXS in June--my favorite shoot, now cancelled also. At least they haven't closed the turkey woods and farm ponds.
So damn glad I just retired, wouldn't want to be running my practice under these conditions. Glad you are still able to get out there.

Griffon
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:45 pm  Reply with quote

Sounds like a good week.
I stepped out the door this AM in the dark met a skunk he won I lost. Small skunk minor hit. Blessing of the day the dog was inside!

Always a silver lining somewhere.

WyoChukar
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:18 pm  Reply with quote

Last night was walleye night. Catching walleyes again tonight. Alone in the middle of a lake under the Milky Way is a nice way to start a night.

Gran16
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:54 pm  Reply with quote

Today through the following Thursday turkey scouting, then it’s game on. Weather has been cold here crappies and gills started then shut down, so it’s all about turkeys for now. Our walleye is closed right now till may 2 maybe a cast and blast opportunity there we shall see.
Brewster11
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:15 pm  Reply with quote

Our range is closed to everyone. Sadly we lost a Board member's spouse to COVID. No activities whatsoever until the state eases its lockdown order.

Here at home, management has requested repairs to a sewing machine. The reloading bench will be cleared forthwith of all reloading tools and materials and repurposed as a repair and maintenance facility for essential household equipment.

B.
Dave in Maine
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:08 am  Reply with quote

Yesterday, broke out the Single Six and a couple boxes of .22 LR, went to Staples and ran off some targets, and then out to the range.

A nice morning. I punched a good bit of paper and took the time to start diagnosing the why of inaccuracies while shooting wronghanded. I'll get there.

One of our older members was on the rifle range, as always, with a string of .22 rifles, working on his match quality groups and dinging some silhouettes on the side. I gave him a nickname he likes, "The Mailman" - as in "neither snow, nor wind, nor rain will keep him off the range, every day."

Then it was off to storage - I'm between apartments - and pulled out the pike fishing gear to check it out and ready it for an early-season expedition soon to come. That was good for a couple hours later in the day, after a trip to Cabelas for new monofilament. (The old stuff might have been 10 or 12 years old, so I figured it was time for a change.) They were open but had everything except the guns, ammo and fishing gear roped off behind yellow caution tape. (When I was in school in Newark 30 plus years ago, we called crime scene tape "Newark Tinsel".) And to get into the store you had to sanitize your hands (gallon vat of the glop there at the desk), tell the guy behind the desk where you were going/what you wanted, wait, and then go there and only there. But its better than "closed by gubernatorial decree".

Finished the pike gear, pretty well done tying flies for trout. Gotta get a turkey tag - our season doesn't open until 5/4, two Mondays from now.

8mmFan
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:53 pm  Reply with quote

That ALL sounds great.

Taking some clients out tomorrow afternoon for skeet, trap, and clays. Am really looking forward to it, and will report back.

8mmFan
16gaDavis
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:32 am  Reply with quote

yesterday , went to the club . One other guy showed up , maybe due to the 40mph wind and snow squalls !! Had a show / tell with the modified 28ga 1100 . Barrel port plug holding up , and the lightened up stock and FE make it a Prairie contender . The Lil Gun loads eject nicely , and if reg loads are up to 1250 , they just pop out of the gun ! PERFECT ! Need to chrony the LG loads .,,, Crappie hole still looks good , but nobody fishing . Walleye doesn't open till after the 1st . Turkeys open the 1st , haven't seen a bird scouting . Did have a rooster hanging around the club , hopefully he's found a couple gals !! Great place to park on backside of club , can see many acres of surrounding farm without getting out when weather .... sucks !

PIOBill
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:47 am  Reply with quote

Tuesday was crappie fishing day sacked up 14. This week is turkey scouting afternoons with my nephew. Our draw time on corps land starts Monday for the last 21 days of the season. Slipped out last Thursday to a friends place and sighted in the new .17 HMR but sadly no squirrels.

Gil S
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:09 am  Reply with quote

I've been in the turkey woods when weather permits. Today and yesterday, no, rain and wind. We have a long season and it's no point in hunting bad weather. It's been good exercise as I hunt an area 3.5 miles down a woods road that winds through the swamp of a major river and it is accessible by foot or bike only. I pedal to the end making it a 7 mile bike trip through sandy and muddy route. I had to saw out a path through a downed tree to drive my truck through to the jumping off point on Tuesday. Despite being on a bike, it takes an hour to get to the end each way. I've dropped about 10 lbs. since the season started. As I type, thunder is rumbling now and the wind is blowing through the tree tops. Tomorrow could be a bust as well. I've got some other places less strenuous and troublesome to access, but I enjoy the solitude and effort required to get to the spot above. Gil
curteric
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:51 pm  Reply with quote

We are hunkered down in Tucson. Get to Tucson Trap and Skeet several times a week to shoot Sporting Clays.
MSM2019
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:22 pm  Reply with quote

Went to Hartford Gun Club today and shot a few loads over the chronograph.

After that I shot 200 FITASC targets. Woulda been 250 but the case of ammo I picked up had 2 empty boxes in it.

It sure felt good to shoot my 1100 -16 and my 16 ga. Citori. On and off I have had some issues with the bottom barrel not firing all different types of shells. I put a new OEM firing pin in the bottom barrel that I got from Brownell's and it fired all the shells I put in it without missing a beat.

skeettx
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:05 pm  Reply with quote

Monday 27 Apr 2020
Amarillo, Texas

Walleyes and Crappies

[URL=https://www.jpgbox.com/page/60101_1000x800/] [/URL]

[URL=https://www.jpgbox.com/page/60102_600x400/] [/URL]

MSM2019
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:16 pm  Reply with quote

Nice......never had fresh walleye, but those crappies make a great meal.