16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  stoeger opinions
up-hunter
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:17 pm  Reply with quote

I was just doing some searching on the internet and i found the stoeger website and i see they have both and o/u and sxs in 16ga. for around $350. I was wondering how these guns shot and if anyone has any experience with them good or bad, it seem really reasonable for a new gun.
hoashooter
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:49 pm  Reply with quote

I have one in 20 ga.-have shot 5000 plus rounds thru it with no problems Twisted Evil Just don't expect the fit/finish of a Browning
gjw
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:09 pm  Reply with quote

Smile Hi, well to be honest I have never fired a Uplander, but I did make a side by side (no pun intended) comparison with the Spartan 210 (its on this forum dated 22 Oct 06, under gjw). I was not impressed with the Stoeger. May folks like their uplander and thats great, its just not the gun for me.

Good Luck and God Bless!!

Greg
berg
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:12 pm  Reply with quote

My brother recently got one of the o/u's in 12 ga. and is happy with it, because he likes the way it fits him. He had wanted to get an o/u for a couple of years and has tried out quite few different guns (a couple of Berettas, Brownings, a Rem., my Lanber and some others), but didn't feel that any of the others fit him. He actually shoots it pretty good (but he'll never hear me say it). For me, it is just okay and I can shoot it, but it doesn't feel quite right.

From what I have heard about them, they are a fairly decent, dependable gun, most of the complaints I've heard had more to do with cosmetics than function.
If it feels good and points where you want it to you should be happy with it, if it doesn't fit don't buy it.

berg