16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  Beretta 626E 20ga
Pedro
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:16 pm  Reply with quote

Apologies in advance for the guage.

Did a search on Gunbroker and Gunsamerica, and not comming up with many values. Would one of you learned gentlemen give me ballpark of 90 to 95% english grip gun, single trigger.

These guns seem to be more moderately pxed than other Beretta sxs. What is the difference.

Thank you.

Ron Overberg
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:45 pm  Reply with quote

The blue book will give you a reference point of $1000 or less based on condition and accessories. The market for a 20ga. has been pretty good if you are a seller and bad if you are a buyer. If you can buy a Beretta SxS from the 1960's to the 1980's in 20ga. for $1500.00 you will be doing good (IMHO). I just purchased a 625 20g for $1100 and felt lucky.
Best,
Ron
Pedro
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:13 am  Reply with quote

Thanks Ron. This one is pxed at $1500, probably negotiable, but it's choked cyl/ic, a little open for my taste.

Ron Overberg
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:40 am  Reply with quote

That sounds like some one has already made it their dedicated grouse or quail gun. Its price is better than most of them that have been listed recently. Sounds like you work over pointers. What chokes do you prefer? Have you had a chance to handle this Beretta? If it were one that you really were going to keep Briley could install thin wall chokes. Then it would be a more all around hunting gun. Decisions..decisions whats a fellow to do? There is a GR2 on GunsAmerica for the same money and it is double trigger and M/F chokes(28"). Its not a 16g but it could do until one comes along.
Best,
Ron
Wolfchief
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:00 pm  Reply with quote

Gentlemen: This Beretta 626E must indeed be an interesting gun. MY local dealer is usually a fair and upstanding guy (family has been in the business since 1955), but he has a used Beretta 626E that he has overpriced as far as I'm concerned. This gun is a 20 ga, pistol grip, 28" barrels, single trigger and its condition is about 96-97% I'd say. The right barrel features a Briley choke tube; I think it's skeet with an extra IC tube. I'm told the left barrel is Mod. He wants $2,100 for it but I believe he would take $1,800. When he turned down $1,700 from me, I went out to Scheel's in Sioux Falls and bought a NIB 20 ga. Beretta Silverhawk; beautiful wood with 5 factory choke tubes and I'm not sorry---however, at some price, my dealer's Beretta would be a good buy. I'm thinking $1,500-$1,650 (after the Christmas shopping season) would be fair. Problem is, I've looked in every gun reference work I can find---and NO specific mention of the 626E....I honestly do not know what a "reasonable" market price for this particular model would be....

Ron Overberg
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:59 pm  Reply with quote

Wolfchief,
I have always thought the 626E to be the 626 field model with ejectors. They were imported 1984 to1988. The 20g was disc. 1987. In the DGJ-Autumn 1998 a picture has the caption that the 626E,20g,was made for the European Market and the GR2 was made for the American market. In the articale the discussion places the 626E in the 625 series. The 625 is without ejectors and less engraving. I have noticed that the 20g commands an extra dollar. The most recent ones being priced at about $1500. on GunsAmerica and GunBroker.com. The Blue Book does not reflect what I have seen in the Beretta prices. My personal belief is a nice 625 series or 626E is a $1500 value. The Briley chokes are only a plus if it is something you like and want, otherwise they are a deduction(IMHO). I would pass on your dealer and watch the net for a better value. Also a 28" shotgun was normally a M/F choke in the 20g. The 26" was IC/M.
Best,
Ron
grouser47
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:24 am  Reply with quote

I have a 626E 20 ga with pg,28" bls with regular Beretta screw in chokes, single select trigger. This one has 3" chambers -- only one of these I've come across like this all others have had 2 & 3/4 only.
Wolfchief
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:46 am  Reply with quote

I won't be pursuing the 626E my dealer has, but he will eventually sell it and I think he'll tell me truthfully what he received. It is definitely a nice gun; I just think he must have uncharacteristically misidentified it, and he evidently wound up with too much in it to sell it for a reasonable price.
Ron's comment that the 28" barreled guns were usually M/F makes sense to me, but the dealer did say the left barrel was a mod choke. The gun felt so nice that I'd like to be able to shoot a round of skeet with it to see how it handles.